Around the League Thread | LUUUUUUU!!!!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

rea

Feb 8, 2011
I worked far too long on this, but if anyone wants to freak an Oilers fan out...
View attachment 888194
Thats a great chop
Every Oilers fan if this happens
1000026397.gif

Every canucks fan at the same time
1000026398.gif

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
be serious. no way paris hilton has a basement.

No surprise that the basement includes a stripper pole. Classy.:naughty:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Apparently Phi trying to get to #4.

Offer was #12 in 2024, mid 20's in 2025 from Avs and someone off their roster.

I'd say, pass for CBS. Take either the big C Lindstrom or one of the Dmen. Peeke is gone, Boqvist won't be around much longer. 2 more years of Gudbranson.

Last edited:

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Because the alternative to gross embellishment is putting the whistles away? Gotcha.

How about he just not dive like he's going swimming? It's embarrassing.
Sounds like someone is living rent free in your head.

Personally I have long wanted skill to flourish in the NHL and the puck was nowhere to be seen but sure focus elsewhere.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Sounds like someone is living rent free in your head.

Personally I have long wanted skill to flourish in the NHL and the puck was nowhere to be seen but sure focus elsewhere.

It's the playoffs and if you're going to call every suspect interference play, then the game wouldn't have any flow to it. McDavid is barely brushed there, but he flies like he's Superman.

I love a skill game. I prefer it to the game of the 90s, but the league can't lose its integrity while getting to it. That defeats the purpose entirely.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
It's the playoffs and if you're going to call every suspect interference play, then the game wouldn't have any flow to it. McDavid is barely brushed there, but he flies like he's Superman.

I love a skill game. I prefer it to the game of the 90s, but the league can't lose its integrity while getting to it. That defeats the purpose entirely.
Calls on the ice are made in real time and with an on ice view, if a player gets caught flatfooted and makes that move the dive or off balance avoidance looks very similar and we all have seen far worse and ya the whistle does go away more in the playoffs which makes hockey unique as other sports call balls and strikes more consistently.

I remember when Burrows embarrassed an official and this board went crazy defending Burrows.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Calls on the ice are made in real time and with an on ice view, if a player gets caught flatfooted and makes that move the dive or off balance avoidance looks very similar and we all have seen far worse and ya the whistle does go away more in the playoffs which makes hockey unique as other sports call balls and strikes more consistently.

I remember when Burrows embarrassed an official and this board went crazy defending Burrows.

Calls happen in real time, yes. Burrows was no angel, also yes. But I don't believe common interference plays has the offended player embellishing like that. It does not look similar. That play stands out and gets called out for a reason.

In any case, great player, just embellish and whine less. All I ask.

Reactions: wetcoast

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Calls happen in real time, yes. Burrows was no angel, also yes. But I don't believe common interference plays has the offended player embellishing like that. It does not look similar. That play stands out and gets called out for a reason.

In any case, great player, just embellish and whine less. All I ask.
Fair enough.

Reactions: Bleach Clean

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad