Around the League Thread | The one where the NHL once again is the worst.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
IMG_1377.jpg
Ryan S. Clark coming in clutch again picked the Canucks against the Oilers and now denied McDavid his unanimous Conn Smythe.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Checking all the UFA's on Cap Friendly (at least up for a few more days), it's really hard to say whether we're in a 'buyers' or 'sellers' market.

There's some pretty decent names on expiring contracts, but it just seems that most of the top teams in the league are locked into a salary cap vice.

It's about the only thing that gives you some hope that the Canucks may still be able to retain some of their more important UFA's. There's a lot of bottom-feeding teams with oodles of cap space, but not much chance of contending over the next few seasons.

A lot of UFA's--particularly the guys pushing 30 or over, are looking for situations where 'they can win now'. A lot of them have made their pile, and are looking a decent shot at a Cup before they retire.

So still a chance guys like Zadorov and Joshua might consider a bit of a home-town discount. I doubt the same applies to Lindholm--who's as good as gone.

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
A lot of UFA's--particularly the guys pushing 30 or over, are looking for situations where 'they can win now'. A lot of them have made their pile, and are looking a decent shot at a Cup before they retire.

So still a chance guys like Zadorov and Joshua might consider a bit of a home-town discount. I doubt the same applies to Lindholm--who's as good as gone.
Joshua's estimated career earnings are $1.58 million, Zadorov's are $20.57 million. The last thing Joshua should be doing is taking a hometown discount.

Reactions: wetcoast

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Seems a lot Oilers fans on social media decided instead of clearing the trash talk from their drafts this morning they'd try to post through it anyways. 😂

Reactions: Szechwan

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Joshua's estimated career earnings are $1.58 million, Zadorov's are $20.57 million. The last thing Joshua should be doing is taking a hometown discount.
Probably right.....And if there's another team out there willing to pay him north of $4m a season, then for sure he's gone.

And I suppose if one of those teams is San Jose, Anaheim, Chicago or Utah, then you can hardly blame him for taking the money at the expense of winning anything. You only have so many contract opportunities or financial security.

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
You cannot be serious. You are literally the only person I have seen who thinks that is a tripping penalty. It isn’t. Zero chance. Worst call of the Playoffs.
I guess trips where someone steps on a stick blade no longer count either.

• Haha
Reactions: Fraser28

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
I guess trips where someone steps on a stick blade no longer count either.
They're different.

You see guys trip over a fallen player quite frequently, and it's never a penalty.

Now, if a guy leaves his feet lunging for the puck and another player trips over him, sometimes that is called.

But someone losing an edge and then another player (without the puck) tripping over him is a hilarious call that effectively never happens.

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
They're different.

You see guys trip over a fallen player quite frequently, and it's never a penalty.

Now, if a guy leaves his feet lunging for the puck and another player trips over him, sometimes that is called.

But someone losing an edge and then another player (without the puck) tripping over him is a hilarious call that effectively never happens.
Tkachuk caused another player to trip. It’s tripping. It’s almost never intentional.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Tkachuk caused another player to trip. It’s tripping. It’s almost never intentional.
This isn't the way the game is typically called. I don't know what to tell you.

Watch any game and you will see examples of a guy falling and someone else falling over him. I have never seen something like this called a penalty in 30 years of watching hundreds of games a year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad