Around the League Thread | LUUUUUUU!!!!

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
They also got jobbed that year, some of the Bruins could have been suspended for stuff like middle finger to the fans and spraying them with water.
They *REALLY* got jobbed the year the Canes first won the Cup where Justin Williams tried to take out the eye of the Captain & leader (no suspension). We aren't the only team that gets screwed by the officiating.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
It just sucks because we're doomed to have McDavid here in the Pacific for the bulk of the rest his career ("unfinished business") barring Oilers higher-ups completely losing the plot.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I'm just happy I didn't have to post a picture of my ass on here in the near future to show you all hahaha!

The left looks like @Baby Pettersson but I can't tell who the other two guys are.
the-simpsons-mel-gibson.gif

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
I can proudly say I've rooted against the Oilers every single time they've been in the SCF. And god forbid they make it again, I'll be doing it again (unless it's Toronto or Boston, then f*** it I'm done).

• Love
Reactions: Indiana and Wisp

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Oilers board is a fantastic read now. They are taking this harder than 2006.

Good, f*** them.

They had a baby-shit soft path to the Finals, after nearly completely f***ing up a shot at a playoff spot.

Easy first round opponent, a favorable second round with a suspension that shouldn't have been called*, a worn out Dallas team (Vegas > Colorado > Edmonton is going to be rough no matter who you are) with a number of key injuries.

They got away with murder throughout most of the playoffs and still couldn't get the job done even after Florida shit the bed and let them come back into a series that should've been a sweep.

Full credit to the Oilers for fighting their way back into the Finals. I honestly didn't see this going 7 games, but it just goes to show you can't just run McDrai into the ground because eventually they get tired.

But after f***ing the entire league by gaming the draft lottery system for a decade, getting gifted a generational superstar who they're inevitably going to waste his career, the Oilers get to have one last f*** you to the Pacific division by ensuring #97 is going to be around until he takes a TDL 'Cup run' deal.

And what a reward for McDavid, a consolation prize Conn Smythe after disappearing in the last 2 games, as well as most of the first 2. How the hell does that merit a Conn Smythe? (A: because Canadian hockey journalism is so far up his asshole they can see his molars.)

No one wins, besides the Panthers.

* = if Soucy's actions were suspendable, then Draisaitl should've had an entire library thrown at him.

Last edited:

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
It's weird i see so many here get so emotional about franchises but for me once the Canucks are out of i could care less about the teams and focus on the entertainment players and coaches i like vs dislike.

Fxxx Luongo and OEL i've never liked them. Maurice Reinhart Barkov Ekblad congrats.

Gotta say Paul Maurice talking about his dad his heroes, Bennett not smiling for 2 yrs and throwing love for the Jets was pretty priceless.

Draino

Mar 1, 2017
Vancouver
Cant remember the last time I was this happy over a non Canuck win in any sport. Aside from their smug fans who think they are owed something, I wanted the hockey gods to make up for them being gifted so many first overalls , and Drycryer at third overall as a consolation prize. I also wanted the national media who have been circle jerking over them to have some egg on their face. Watching the ESPN feed tonight was so refreshing compared to the tripe we are force fed in this country year after year.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
He is a turncoat back stabbing spineless shill who sucks up to whatever team that seems to earn him the most brownie points.

Screamed for murder after Soucy cross checked McDavid, then tucked his balls into his mom's purse when Draisaitl drilled Barkov in the face.

f*** him.

Button can go kick rocks.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If Edmonton has even one more mid-pair D or top-9 F they have a Cup. Feeling very grateful for the incompetence of Kevin Lowe, Craig MacTavish, Peter Chiarelli, Ken Holland, and most of all Darryl Katz. Do you know how many Cups McDavid would win on a team that *didn't* have $20M in dead money on its cap?
They couldn’t conclude a deal with Calgary to get Tanev. What was the dealbreaker for them as Dal got him for a 2nd rounder and former 2nd rounder prospect. They gave a first to get Henrique.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad