Around the League Thread | The one where the NHL once again is the worst.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I think Oilers being able to muster up everything and push to the absolute limit is still mighty impressive. They were near the bottom mid season and made such a turn around.

Luke Gazdick and Duncan Keith, yeah, f*** them both. I'd drink their tears from the challice. What a pair of vile pitiful trash bags.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
has there ever been a situation like brady/matthew before where there are two brothers of very similar playing ability but a very different amount of team success

i feel like there is also a big discrepancy between ability between the tkachuk bros

matthew is a two time 40 goal and 100 pt scorer, top ten in the league twice, two time second team all-star and last year was a hart finalist.

in an off year this year m tkachuk finished 20th in scoring. brady has one pt/game season and has never broken the top 25 in scoring.

that said, man i cannot believe a tkachuk is a stanley cup champ. his dad was one of the worst playoff performers of any superstar ever, lost three series after being up 3-1. two of them were against us. when matthew got that hat trick in the battle of alberta and keith refused to throw his hat, i joked that of course he didn’t. keith tkachoke hates the playoffs.

i did find the tkachuk siblings tonight cute af though

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I think Oilers being able to muster up everything and push to the absolute limit is still mighty impressive. They were near the bottom mid season and made such a turn around.

Luke Gazdick and Duncan Keith, yeah, f*** them both. I'd drink their tears from the challice. What a pair of vile pitiful trash bags.

Gadzic made this playoff run all about him with his Oilers fanboyism.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
It isn’t just how they treated our 2011 team.

It’s that most of this fanbase (including myself) cheered for the Oilers in 2006 when they made the Finals. It was a nice story from where they were a few years prior when it looked like they’d move and I was genuinely hoping for them to do well.

That’s what made their raw, visceral hate for us in 2011 so disgusting, and after that I swore I’d never cheer for them again under any circumstances.
this.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
1719289544459-jpeg.886779

need to shop some ron maclean heads here

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010

It’s that most of this fanbase (including myself) cheered for the Oilers in 2006 when they made the Finals. It was a nice story from where they were a few years prior when it looked like they’d move and I was genuinely hoping for them to do well.

That’s what made their raw, visceral hate for us in 2011 so disgusting, and after that I swore I’d never cheer for them again under any circumstances.
I never cheered for Edmonton in 2006.

Same with Calgary in 2004.

f*** em both.

Ottawa I did because I’m indifferent to them.

But everyone seems to hate Vancouver so I say screw em all.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

I would actually cheer for a handful of teams in Canada but Edmonton is not one. f*** them. I hate seeing how many bandwagon idiots jumped on this shit. Literally living in BC and so many people sucked this teams dick. Can’t believe what I lived through.

This didn’t happen for the Canucks and i will never forget that.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
This win just righted so many things in the universe:

• Oilers fans after f***ing stabbing us in the back in 2011 feel our pain
  • Arguably they feel even deeper pain since they came all the way back from 0-3 and looked like they had momentum going into the game.
  • Lu gets a Cup
  • The worse goaltender doesn't win (personal bias)

The only thing that could cap it now is if I win the 50/50 lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad