Around The League Thread | Let the Games Begin

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Missed this yesterday—but Jack Hughes got rocked by Romanov in the game after getting rocked by Rasmussen.

A bit scary for a player that has already had major shoulder surgery in his career.
Romanov was also ticked after getting trucked by a Devil earlier in the game and so made sure that if he had the chance, that he'd step up and hit Hughes. Good clean hit right there.

J. Hughes does need to avoid these big collisions.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Saw the video where Broudreau said Leafs will be better suited for playoffs.

I liked Bruce. Despite him not being the best coach for us, and the weird drama involved his termination only made me sympathize with him more. And the amount of swagger from "BRUCE, THERE IT IS!", plus his mildly annoyed reaction associated with it only furthered by endeared feeling towards the old guy.

But it seems like these days every time he opens his mouth he gets dumber. If you want to say yeah it's just one game, Leafs got time to tune the team with new coach blah blah blah ok sure, but better suited for playoffs? Really?

Reactions: GranvilleIsland

GranvilleIsland

Feb 26, 2013
Vancouver, B.C.

I liked Bruce. Despite him not being the best coach for us, and the weird drama involved his termination only made me sympathize with him more. And the amount of swagger from "BRUCE, THERE IT IS!", plus his mildly annoyed reaction associated with it only furthered by endeared feeling towards the old guy.

But it seems like these days every time he opens his mouth he gets dumber. If you want to say yeah it's just one game, Leafs got time to tune the team with new coach blah blah blah ok sure, but better suited for playoffs? Really?

Boudreau's long storied playoff success tells me he knows what he's talking about. :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: quat

AlainVigneaultsGum

Holidays in two days
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2012
Calgary, AB

Look it, I have never seen a bunch of guys look so f***ing down when something bad happens. What are you guys? Like prima donna perfect that if you can't f***in' handle adversity?

So shit's not going right. It's not f***en' working the last 2 days. f***ing get your heads out of your ass and f***ing make it work by outworking the opposition.

You kill two f***ing men, and then we stand around and watch while they f***ing score here. f***ing yous come to the bench like f***in' this and when the power play it's not working so you're trying to stick handle, you're looking like this and not standing.

Outwork the f***ing guys!

If you want it, don't just think you want it. Go out and f***ing want it. But you're not looking like you want it, you look like you're feeling sorry for yourself. And nobody f***ing wants anybody that's feeling sorry for themselves.

You got 5 f***ing games. Surely to f*** we can deal with this.

Reactions: rypper and valkynax

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad