Around The League Thread | Let the Games Begin

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Good OOT tonight. Calgary loses to Carolina in regulation, and Winnipeg is leading the Krak 2-1 after 2 periods.

The Kings are doing better than expected so far, and leading the Sharks 3-0 in the 2nd. This is their 8th game and it's their first at home ?!!!

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
That's some 4D chess level hating.

Hard to describe how much I hate this team.

They are a terrible organization that failed its way to 4 #1 picks in 6 years. Their fans spend equal time shit talking other teams and crying in their beer. Their generational talent captain is a massive douche with zero personality. Their rotating cast of management makes crappy after crappy move but the team still stays in the mix because they have the best player in the world. And their owner is an absolute twat who gives Aquilini a run for his money for worst owner in the league. They are the ultimate example of failing upwards and deserve nothing but pain.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
i don't know why my brain tied itself into knot the first time i watched that Rasmussen/Jack Hughes clip.

Like, I thought I saw Jack try to skate the puck out and Rasmussen came up and hit him and caused Jack to throw the puck in his own net. "Oh, that's super humiliating."

Now I'm watching now and it wasn't that at all. I feel better for Jack Hughes now that it was him trying to make the hit to stop the empty netter but it was too late.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華

Is Jack like delusional? like he tried and mark Scheifele a 6’6 220lbs guy trying to score an empty net lmao

i really don’t think ive seen a more embarrassing sequence. maybe the Stefan empty net miss. something about empty nets bringing out the stupidity in players
Love the instant karma. At last, one of the empty net debacles had a happy ending.

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004

Is Jack like delusional? like he tried and mark Scheifele a 6’6 220lbs guy trying to score an empty net lmao

i really don’t think ive seen a more embarrassing sequence. maybe the Stefan empty net miss. something about empty nets bringing out the stupidity in players
Jack is probably frustrated his team is getting lit up lately, 19 goals against in 3 games. This is supposed to be the year they take a big step but it seems like more of the same. Of course his attempt of hitting a much bigger guy only to fall on his ass is hilarious.

Not sure why Markstrom has struggled so much on a stacked team. He was good on a crappy Flames team last year, but can't get it done with a better roster? Hmm...

Reactions: Chiripa20

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I assume Draistal signed that extension only because McDavid promised he would too, otherwise, I don't see why Leon would commit 8 more years there. I think its pretty safe to think McDavid will stay, unless something catastrophic happens to their season.
Probably although I don't think that's necessarily the case. That's a huge contract that Drai got and I'm sure he likes/doesn't mind Edmonton. Plus with an NMC if he demands a trade he can always force himself to a team that he's willing to go to.

The justification was that they were trying to find complementary players for McDavid and Draisatl so that they could play them on separate lines and dominate.

But now they are still playing together half the time at 5v5, but both are underwater when they aren't playing together.

To be fair, if your two best forwards are elite-level Cs, having them play together usually does lead to better results or it's difficult to find wingers to play with both. Just look at Crosby and Malkin over the years. How often were they almost as good apart? We're certainly not having much luck finding wingers for both Miller and Petey (although it's hard to evaluate with Petey's current performance).

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
How you liking Broberg now MS? You use to use him as an attacking point.
Certain posters should have “Supported Jim Benning” permanently added as a custom title so you know not to take their shit talking seriously.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad