Around The League Thread | Let the Games Begin

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
What's going on in Edmonton? I just looked at the stats to see how Podkolzin was doing (0 pts in 6 games) and saw that Hyman and Arvidson also have 0 points in 6 games...?
A historically great (and dare I say it, unsustainable) PK has come crashing back down to earth, coupled with a slow start from McDavid and the fact that he cannot play with every forward and bank apples off of them.

The same issues that have plagued the Oilers continue to do so (meh goaltending, weak PK, poor backline) and it's only going to get worse given the shortened offseason for most of their key guys.

How horrible. Such a shame. Etc, etc.

I am sure they'll go on another ridiculous win streak and their PK will magically adjust itself in the playoffs, though.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
I didn't watch him prior to the 2023 draft but Danill But is putting up some ridiculous highlights in the KHL. I don't think I've ever seen puck skills like that in a 6'6" 220lb player, he looks a lot better than Viktor Kozlov at the same age. He'll probably be on Utah's roster next season.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
I didn't watch him prior to the 2023 draft but Danill But is putting up some ridiculous highlights in the KHL. I don't think I've ever seen puck skills like that in a 6'6" 220lb player, he looks a lot better than Viktor Kozlov at the same age. He'll probably be on Utah's roster next season.
I remember being interested in him as a potential Canucks draft pick.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Fitting that the Leafs are sucking against the BJs
Leafs get blown out by cbj on the second half of their b2b. Meanwhile TB blows out NJ and they lost that game yesterday vs Tor.

Barron just got blown up by Trouba.

He carried the puck from well inside his blue line to on his offside into Ny zone. Got close to the circle then dished off a backhand into the middle at the same time cutting inside and then wham. Trouba destroyed him. Ouch…. Had to know it was Trouba he was skating down on and still dropped his head.

Last edited:

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
Totally knew oilers fans would turn on drai after the contract, didn’t see them all shitting on mcdavid too 😂

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad