Around The League Thread | Let the Games Begin

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
As I understand, no other team aside from Vegas put in a waiver claim this time around which meant he was free to slide into the AHL.

I wish I knew who it was because I'd be cheering for that team for the rest of the season. Pretty hilarious chain of events - they obviously didn't actually want the player or they'd have put another claim in.

Reactions: God and pitseleh

Grip it N RYP it

Apr 20, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Odd encounter:

Edit:

Did a drawing of the guy last month:

PXL_20241003_194333551.jpg

Last edited:

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Foegele was a really solid player for them who scored basically 20 ES goals for them last year without much help from McDavid or Draisaitl, and it's weird how his loss is basically just totally ignored.
I guess what is even more amazing is that the Oilers, despite their first game, really shouldn't have any problem scoring goals without Foegle who is a player I like quite a bit.

iRageWin

Aug 7, 2014
i don't understand why he didn't just go to the other team that had a claim in when the oilers claimed him. either the other team's claim had priority over the oilers or they don't.
The other team had lower priority than the Oilers, but another waiver claim suggests that the other team would have given the player an NHL spot, so out of fairness to the player, rules dictate he cannot be sent down without waivers. When he got claimed back by Vegas, no other teams put in a claim, so in essence no other teams would have given him an NHL spot anyways, so Vegas can just send him straight down as he previously belonged to their org. Now the reason why the mystery team claimed him earlier but not later could be confidence in their own roster, or to spite the Oilers, to help the Knights, etc...It's all speculation

Reactions: krutovsdonut

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Just looking at the daily faceoff rosters, I can see Colorado, Florida, and Carolina putting in claims. The other teams have decent forward depth (so does Carolina, but Lavoie *feels* like a Carolina player). Doubt any of the other teams, particularly us and Winnipeg, put in claims.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Totally. They basically gutted all their mid-roster glue guys doing the dirty work for them, especially for the PK on the crazy PK run they had. And all their non-McDavid team speed.

And then replaced them with guys like a washed Jeff Skinner who scored 13 points in 40 games in the 2nd half of last season before getting bought out ... and people are like OMG LOOK HOW THEY'VE IMPROVED!
Yes been saying this since the STL contract offers. They drove a stake into their hearts.

One thing to move away from McLoed Ceci and Foegele with Henrique Arvidsson Skinner but quite another when that extends to Holloway and Broberg.

Plus Savoie is useless for this teams window. It's unbelievable that they haven't done a thing to ease the heavy lifting that McDrai has to do and made it much worse. Every other forward is another year into their 30s and you added 2/3 more while clearing out 5

This Lavoie thing is hilarious. Yes guess what you idiots you have zero issue hiring every scumbag in the hockey world to try and get your Cup. People have taken notice

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Jeesh JB is gone and people keep bringing up their bat shit crazy ex that was ruining their lives. Why beat yourself.....move on.

Guenther "IF" we picked him would have been a massive home run. He's been arguably a top5 RW since the 2nd half of last season. But wasn't Tkachuk the easy pick. Don't be so sure it wasn't gonna be a Podkolzin re do.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Jeesh JB is gone and people keep bringing up their bat shit crazy ex that was ruining their lives. Why beat yourself.....move on.

Guenther "IF" we picked him would have been a massive home run. He's been arguably a top5 RW since the 2nd half of last season. But wasn't Tkachuk the easy pick. Don't be so sure it wasn't gonna be a Podkolzin re do.

Everywhere I look, I see Dimbo's poisonous lingering influence.

Also, as Gillis' proverbial GM corpse was dragged out repeated to excuse almost every baffling consequence from the Reign of Error, and how some are still trying argue that Dimbo was a misunderstood genius or tragic hero of sort, I think it is not unreasonable to mention again just how f***ed we were, and still are to a degree thanks to that man.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
To me after the four guys who play on PP1 (McBaby, Draisaitl, Hyman, RNH) their two most important forwards were Foegele and McLeod. Good ES scoring numbers, good two-way workers, important PK guys. And then Holloway in the playoffs looked to be joining that group.

And that group is now gutted plus who knows if/when Kane will play again, and they've basically replaced them with either old skill players or junk.

Foegele was kind of their Dakota Joshua. Not quite the physical presence but played a similar role. It's a big loss.
100%

Arvidsson brings a high work rate for an older player and better scoring acumen than Foegele so that one was understandable given the UFA status and need for the top6 with Kane out but the rest is just so mind numbing to me.

Henrique and Skinner at 6 million and 35 33 by next years playoffs vs 3 prime aged players who if they got off their asses and settled with them could have been around the same cap hit and would have eliminated the immediate need to go and get a top4 D which really should have been their priority just makes me laugh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad