Around the League Thread | Ixnay on Zerplanyay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
With the ugly history behind this hire, what on earth does the Oilers organization gain from this?

I just finished reading through the posts at the Oilers board, with pro and con opinions, but so far nothing informs me that hiring Bowman at this elite level was justified.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
With the ugly history behind this hire, what on earth does the Oilers organization gain from this?

I just finished reading through the posts at the Oilers board, with pro and con opinions, but so far nothing informs me that hiring Bowman at this elite level was justified.

One of the grossest parts is that Asshole Face reported him going to Edmonton the second his ban was lifted.

Have to know this was all planned out in advance, and that the usual boot lockers laid the stones to pave their roads back into the league.

CanucksMJL

Context apologist.
Jul 6, 2009
I really hope the Oilers reap what they are sewing here. I don't know who did or didn't do this or that but the stink on this should have been the most obvious slam dunk DND since Joe Biden.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I'm out enjoying my summer and I haven't been up to date with the latest who's who and what's what, and WOW what a shocker to read that the Oilers oil'd again.

Disgusting hire, by a disgusting franchise.

Selfishly, I hope this drives McDavid out East so I can appreciate his talent a bit more.

I want McDavid to stay in Canada.

Hopefully he drunkenly signs in Ottawa.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Oil going to oil.
Within one game of the Cup and they go do this. Even hardcore Oiler fans are outraged. I’m sure the players must feel the same way.

I’m not surprised that Katz didn’t see the issue with the hiring.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
i totally forgot that the oilers gave virtanen a PTO a couple years ago

god what a bottom-scraping organization

Brought in Evander Kane, Duncan Keith, gave Virtanen a PTO, and now add Bowman to the list. That's not even touching Bob Nicholson, either.

Morally bankrupt organization remains morally bankrupt.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Great value for Konecny, who I think is a much better player than Boeser.

interesting take. they are coming off identical seasons production wise with identical minutes played. one is a 5'10" winger. one is a 6' 2" centre with strong faceoff skills.

edit: i done messed up. apology below.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DFAC

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
interesting take. they are coming off identical seasons production wise with identical minutes played. one is a 5'10" winger. one is a 6' 2" centre with strong faceoff skills.

Uh, which one of Konecny and Boeser is a 6'2 C?

Back to the original comment, Konecny is pretty obviously a better player than Boeser and this isn't a knock on Boeser. Konecny's two-way game is on a totally different level and he's been more generally more productive as well over the last 5 years, despite worse linemates.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Him and mkatcherin are something else. mkatcherin is a racist bigot who spews constant racial slurs on Twitter. he should be banned from the forums imo but that’s not my place.

To the surprise of no one, Frank Seravelli defending this move to kiss major ass to Edmonton media and sports writers. Guy needs a job and why not toss some salad to Edmonton's OBC sports writers.

Guys a piece of shit, don't be surprised if he has triple chins come this hockey season.

Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Tappara Tampere @ HC Dynamo Pardubice
    Tappara Tampere @ HC Dynamo Pardubice
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $105.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Armenia vs Latvia