Around the League Thread | Conference Final Edition | Go Tanev and Bobby Lu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Canucks were without Boeser for the rest of the playoffs. Even if the Canucks won the series, I don’t think they had the horses to get past Dallas. And I was one of the few that was not impressed with them all season.
This post reminds me of Mikheyev’s breakaway game 7 first period.

I might be scarred

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Just a huge missed opportunity for Vancouver, this Dallas team looks completely different without their star centre
Roope Hintz doesn't get enough credit league wide. He's Patrice Bergeron-like. It's just a massive loss and they have no one that can contain Edmontons top line.

Reactions: BimJenning

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Canucks were without Boeser for the rest of the playoffs. Even if the Canucks won the series, I don’t think they had the horses to get past Dallas. And I was one of the few that was not impressed with them all season.

Yeah, I actually liked how we matched up against Dallas better than how we would have matched up against either Vegas or Colorado. And with Demko back, who knows - but no Boeser and a hobbled Petey would have made it a tough task. Would have loved to see them try, though.

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Yeah, I actually liked how we matched up against Dallas better than how we would have matched up against either Vegas or Colorado. And with Demko back, who knows - but no Boeser and a hobbled Petey would have made it a tough task. Would have loved to see them try, though.
Then there’s NYR/FLA. They looked exhausted game 7, imagine two more rounds lol.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Canucks had no offense, no powerplay, were incredibly banged up and had a 3rd string goalie.

There is no opportunity missed. They don’t beat Dallas.
The Oilers' PK is doing the same thing it did to the Canucks' PP. They went 0-5 last night, including a double minor in OT to win it... I think you might be overrating this Dallas team

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Most here overrated the whole conference. Too many suffering from post Benning PTSD failed to realize the Canucks were primed for a star aligned season THIS YEAR, while many of the wests top teams were ready to take a hit. Couldn't understand why there was so much fear of teams with bigger holes and problems than the Nucks have.

The underdog narrative was media driven, not reality. Have to wait and see what the roster will look like to start next season, but before this year started, it seemed like their best shot under Hughes current contract.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
The Oilers' PK is doing the same thing it did to the Canucks' PP. They went 0-5 last night, including a double minor in OT to win it... I think you might be overrating this Dallas team
Oilers PK is just good. Point is, doesn’t matter who the Canucks face, the PP will be trash and cost them, as it did last round.

dez

Mar 3, 2012
Its ironic, after losing in 2011, the mindset became 'gotta get tougher and bigger '. Now current year this GM chooses signing a speedy winger like Mikeyhev vs a big toughy forward like Marchmant. On top of that Mik had a rep of disappearing in the playoffs during the Leafs choking run.

Nazzlind

Sep 9, 2010
Lower Mainland
Its ironic, after losing in 2011, the mindset became 'gotta get tougher and bigger '. Now current year this GM chooses signing a speedy winger like Mikeyhev vs a big toughy forward like Marchmant. On top of that Mik had a rep of disappearing in the playoffs during the Leafs choking run.
Is there a source for that? Choosing mikheyev over marchment?

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Miller defended McDavid very well. Dallas isn’t playing physical grindy shutdown hockey on him like JT was.
They have Tanev on him instead of a forward. But Dallas is a deeper team with size and speed. So is Florida those are the teams you want to build like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad