Around the League Thread | Conference Final Edition | Go Tanev and Bobby Lu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Think Dallas will win. Think they have pretty much better everything that Van had. And they took care of a top heavy Avs teams which is similar to how the oilers are constructed.
I feel the same way but it wouldn't surprise me if the Oilers win the series then go on to win the SC they are really focused right now.

ForecheckBackcheck

Nov 2, 2019
Hate to say it but the Oilers are looking very, very solid. They’re looking confident.
And we had them completely on the ropes, even without our star goalie.

Flash-back to period one of Game 6... its a 1-1 game, we had just embarrassed the Oilers in Game 5, and we get a 4 min double minor powerplay with McDavid in the box. The series is ours for the taking. Chance to score a goal, maybe two, and just put a dagger into the Oilers. Elimination game.

And we proceed to shit the bed, not manage a single real scoring chance, and lose the game in convincing fashion..

That failed powerplay was when we lost the series right there.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
And we had them completely on the ropes, even without our star goalie.

Flash-back to period one of Game 6... its a 1-1 game, we had just embarrassed the Oilers in Game 5, and we get a 4 min double minor powerplay with McDavid in the box. The series is ours for the taking. Chance to score a goal, maybe two, and just put a dagger into the Oilers. Elimination game.

And we proceed to shit the bed, not manage a single real scoring chance, and lose the game in convincing fashion..

That failed powerplay was when we lost the series right there.
A healthy Canucks team with Demko would have resulted in a SCF birth.

The Pettersson injury in Jan.
Demko hurt.
Boeser with the broken finger and blood clot.
Depth guys with injuries and looking fatigued.

Simply put, it just wasn't our year. As usual, our most important guys get hurt and that just spoils the party.

just22

Aug 2, 2009
So funny how the entire narrative changes, and then changes back again. And again.

'That team is going to steamroll this team. Oh wow, they're choking. Blah, blah, blah.'
So stupid. Two periods in game 1 and people are already proclaiming that Dallas sucks and Oilers are going to the finals?

Reactions: quat

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
All the goals tonight have been pretty lucky. Thank God dallas tied it.

Ever since they went to the shot blocking mode, Skinner has looked a lot better. They're just not letting a lot of pucks through and that plays to his limitations.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Think Dallas will win. Think they have pretty much better everything that Van had. And they took care of a top heavy Avs teams which is similar to how the oilers are constructed.
I agree but with Mcdrai they can score against the run of play. And as long as they keep it close, that talent can come out on top.

I think Dallas has been better tonight on balance but either team could win on a single shot.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
I was going to say how many high sticks is mcdavid going to get away with but I guess they caught him.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
They're allowed to talk about the missed high stick and then call it? Did Kelly Sutherland actually learn from his mistake?

• Wow
Reactions: Vector
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad