Around the League Thread | Conference Final Edition | Go Tanev and Bobby Lu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fergo

Are we stopped?
Dec 19, 2002
Winnipeg, MB
He was swapped for Davis Booth, guy was and still is an asshole who’s just a f***ing nut job.

f*** David Booth, straight up bitch.
I can't speak towards how Booth was/is as a person, since I don't really go out of my way to follow any player's off-ice actiivites, but I do recall the whole controversy regarding him being pictured with a bear that he hunted down. Can understand some people being upset about that.

As for the trade itself...I honestly had to look it up to remember all the details. It didn't appear anyone really won that trade in the end.

To Vancouver
F David Booth
F Steven Reinprecht
VAN 2013 3rd round pick (Cole Cassels)

To Florida
F Mikael Samuelsson
F Marco Sturm

Booth lasted the longest out of all of the players with their new team and in the NHL in general, though that's not saying much. Reinprecht spent the rest of the season in the AHL before bolting for Europe to finish his career. Cassels spent his whole time in the Canucks organization in Utica, and hasn't gotten any higher than that level.

Samuelsson was coming off being injured prior to the 2011 Stanley Cup Final, and wouldn't play a full season after that. Sturm...well, that's already been discussed.

So yeah, that's trade was pretty much a wash in the end.

ForecheckBackcheck

Nov 2, 2019
A healthy Canucks could have taken down the Oilers. Easily. With Demko and a healthy Boeser we may have finished them off in 5 games. Silovs played great. But he is not Vezina-Demko, and Skinner was god-awful.

And we would have had a fighting chance against Dallas.

A path to the Finals was right there...

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
A healthy Canucks could have taken down the Oilers. Easily. With Demko and a healthy Boeser we may have finished them off in 5 games.

And we would have had a fighting chance against Dallas.

A path to the Finals was right there...

I do think we'd have come up short against Dallas, and I think the Oilers will too, but yes there was a path for sure.

I like that Allvin expressed frustration and anger at the loss, and his comment about telling the players that this will stick with them for a while is true.

It's a harsh lesson some of the team needed to learn and I think everyone in the organization top to bottom will be better for it, you can't squander opportunities like the ones we had in round 2.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Gadzic looks like a guy who walks toward you on a sidewalk and he looks a little crazy eyed but he's wearing a suit and patent leather shoes so how crazy could he be, but when he passes you he smells like piss and he's wearing one sock.

Sorry Luke, you're probably just uncomfortable in front of a camera and we should be on your side, but it doesn't work for you.

Last edited:

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I knew this would be an Edmonton win without Hintz and a busted Seguin. You hope Hintz will be back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad