Around the League - Pre-Season 2024-2025

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Oilers head coach Kris Knoblauch said Sunday that Dermott has made an impression on management and the coaching staff throughout camp.

“Before Wednesday, we’ll see what happens with Travis,” Knoblauch told reporters, pointing to the team's opening game roster. “But I think he’s made a very positive impression with management and the coaching staff on just the way he plays.

“He’s tenacious, he’s quick, he moves the puck really well, he does everything fairly well so we need that and also the flexibility of him being able to play left defence and right defence.”

Dermott is 15 months older than Rifai. Has played 329 NHL games.
Oilers have $170k in space and 7 defense already under contract.

If signed wonder if it will be a two-way, and if he's waived right away?

Reactions: uncleben

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Love this... "f*** the plays, pound their f***ing D!"

This is such an underrated aspect of winning playoff series.
Getting pucks in deep, forechecking and finishing checks on opposing D.
Once you get to game 5-7, these defencemen are mush and don't want to retrieve pucks anymore.
They also start to handle the puck with less poise and the turnovers starts to increase.

Reactions: DarkKnight

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
That Maurice clip is exactly what I’m talking about when I say many great teams embody the attitude of their coach. That is championship aggression Maurice brought out of his group.

Reactions: CincoHolio

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

You feel for that franchise. Things just go from bad to worse.

Here is their lineup to start the season. Ouch.

So, #CBJ 23-man roster:
F (13): Sillinger, Kuraly, Gambrell, Fantilli, van Riemsdyk, Monahan, Olivier, Aston-Reese, Chinakhov, Labanc, Pyyhtiä, Marchenko, Johnson.
D (8): Christiansen, Johnson, Werenski, Provorov, Harris, Gudbranson, Jiricek, Severson.
G (2): Tarasov, Merzlikins.

Reactions: ACC1224

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Once you get to game 5-7, these defencemen are mush and don't want to retrieve pucks anymore.
They also start to handle the puck with less poise and the turnovers starts to increase.

I still think the absolute best strategy is if you are losing. Just pound the puck from the blue line at the players. Make them block shots. Right at their feet. Good luck skating in game 7.

• Haha
Reactions: weems

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Underrated? I would guess every coach preaches this message every series.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Only 2 fanbases that I think suffer more than us are Blue Jacket fans and Sabre fans.
Man, I wonder what it must be like to be a Jackets player right now and in the locker room after a tragedy like that looming over you, among all the other struggles that franchise has had. Genuinely wish all the players there the best and hope they can pick themselves back up.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
I hope they continue to do this series. Enjoyed the 6 episodes that just came out recently about last seasons playoffs.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I don't remember that at all
Was on the mainboard holl signing thread. 3 weeks into the season last year he was leading plus minus in the NHL. Detroit fans went on about how great he is, why'd the leafs let him go etc etc. Well a month later the dude was practically a perma healthy scratch :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Da Mash

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad