Around the League - Pre-Season 2024-2025

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
The mainboard thread is hilarious. Say anything positive about Swayman and its a buncha Bruin fans telling you why hes trash and deserves pennies.

And if he signed for 7.8x8 every single one of them would be screaming about how they signed the biggest bargain of the year.

I do hope this entire mess keeps blowing up in the face of the team. Let me start the season on a 5-6 game losing streak and still have to trade Swayman for a late 1st and a salary dump

Last edited:

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Why every year do we have to start the season in Montréal?

It's gonna be a jerkoff ceremony about the 1929-30 Habs team that takes 45-90 minutes.

They should start here; all their businesses left in the 70's for Toronto, time for the same.

And Sway is probably getting traded, for half what he's worth.

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
Well this is weird. We are still in preseason but regular season standings are already up and Sheldon Keefe and Jersey are First overall at 1-0. Guess the good news is Buffalo lost so one 'L" for one of our division rivals is always a good thing to start.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
Well this is weird. We are still in preseason but regular season standings are already up and Sheldon Keefe and Jersey are First overall at 1-0. Guess the good news is Buffalo lost so one 'L" for one of our division rivals is always a good thing to start.

Big game for Markstrom. I think he's going to have a great year in Jersey.

Keefe picked his situation much better than Dubas imo. Jersey is a good team that had a down year and now has a much better goalie.

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
Tough break for Campbell. Don't want to speculate (even though I guess that's what I'm doing), but it wouldn't be surprising to learn that he is struggling with his mental health.

He should find a different job. Good players accept the pressure and embrace it even. Real pressure is a single dad working three jobs to feed his kids. This guy plays a kid's game for a living.

I like Keefe. I wish him well, except against us.

I hope it turns ugly and Swayman is somehow able to curse them worse than the Red Sox were.

Swayman is as overrated as Hellysuck.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Tough break for Campbell. Don't want to speculate (even though I guess that's what I'm doing), but it wouldn't be surprising to learn that he is struggling with his mental health.

It’s been a known for years that he struggles with mental health issues. There was an interview from his Kings days that alludes to it. I do think he has talent, but it’s unfortunate his mental struggles. I do hope he gets better.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
1000004278.jpg

The last couple years I've been seeing a lot more teams set up their 1-3-1 power play this way.

For obvious reasons I first noticed it watching the Leafs a couple years ago. They had a period where they let in a bunch of short handed goals. Keefe adjusted by using this setup.

The objective was to cycle the puck down low to set Matthews up for the one timer in the slot.

I figured Marner on the half wall weak side was to help prevent a breakaway on a turnover. The added benefit is that if the puck squirts out that way he has all kinds of space to operate. The defenders have to respect the bumper shot and tend to double team Matthews so can't get pulled out into the open ice where Marner would be parked.

It's a little more conservative while still allowing for all the scoring options a traditional 1-3-1 provides.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I’m not sure what’s more pathetic:

Buffalos third period being outclassed like an ahl team vs an nhl team

Or

That pitiful goalie pull play. It looked like they didn’t care and actually it seemed like the devils had 6 players

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
I’m not sure what’s more pathetic:

Buffalos third period being outclassed like an ahl team vs an nhl team

Or

That pitiful goalie pull play. It looked like they didn’t care and actually it seemed like the devils had 6 players
Fully prepared for that very same Sabres team play the Leafs like there's a firing squad waiting in their locker room if they lose.

Keefe probably can't believe his eyes

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Buffalo looks atrocious LOL! What is it now 14 years without a playoff appearance? It’s going to be 15 pretty quickly. It’s only 2 games but they got shallacked in each one. At one point today the shots were 34-14 in favor of NJ….

Reactions: Menzinger

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I suspect folks will be caught sleeping with regards to the Devils this year.

Buffalo looks atrocious LOL! What is it now 14 years without a playoff appearance? It’s going to be 15 pretty quickly. It’s only 2 games but they got shallacked in each one. At one point today the shots were 34-14 in favor of NJ….

They are the worst run team in the NHL by far, and it's just a matter of time until their better young guys look for a way out like Eichel..even if things start to go well for them I can see.it being 2-3 more seasons until they even flirt with a serious attempt at making the post season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad