Around the League - Pre-Season 2024-2025

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

Patrik Laine's test results are officially in for the Canadiens, and the news is not good following the hit from Leafs' Cedric Pare.

During Saturday's clash between the Maple Leafs and Canadiens from The Bell Centre in Montreal, Leafs forward Cedric Pare attempted to complete a check on Laine as the Finnish forward was surging into the offensive zone with the puck.

View attachment 911116

This is really terrible. I was actually looking forward to Laine being on the habs and was going to pick him in my pool and of course trolling habs fans on twitter. This really SUCKS!

OddyOh

Really, Healy?
Aug 18, 2010
Regina, SK

Patrik Laine's test results are officially in for the Canadiens, and the news is not good following the hit from Leafs' Cedric Pare.

During Saturday's clash between the Maple Leafs and Canadiens from The Bell Centre in Montreal, Leafs forward Cedric Pare attempted to complete a check on Laine as the Finnish forward was surging into the offensive zone with the puck.

View attachment 911116
Just to nitpick, the tweet says “at least the rest of 2024” which is 3 months. The 2024-2025 season is 7 months, plus playoffs. So which is it, or maybe they don’t know yet.

Reactions: uncleben

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Tony Marinaro... and I have no idea if he's reliable, said on his podcast that Laine is 5-6 months, and Reinbacher 4-5 months, both with knee injuries.

There is no official word from the Habs at all at this point. Maybe tomorrow?

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Tony Marinaro... and I have no idea if he's reliable, said on his podcast that Laine is 5-6 months, and Reinbacher 4-5 months, both with knee injuries.

Feel for both of those players. That sucks.

But as for the Habs fortunes, I laugh.

I’ve always been vocal on how well Bruins seem to manage their roster. Welp I’m happily gonna eat crow on this one. And hopefully this isn’t the only tough signing they have

They run a tight ship, this seems like a big anomaly. Then again they have not been shy about moving guys who don’t fit their culture (Kessel, Seguin, Hamilton)… maybe Swayman is next

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
1727778769314.png

You wanna make sure you get above market value on your contract? Get Lewis Gross as your agent.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
I mean... that's his job, so I guess he's doing a good job for his clients??? Maybe teams could start avoiding drafting his clients going forward though??
No guarantee they won't be represented by Gross in the future. Players have switched agents right before their ELC ends. Or even mid-way through their career especially when they are doing well and are looking for a good pay day when their current contract's about to end.

Reactions: Menzinger

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal

Marinaro is a hot take artist who you used to have his own show on TSN radio after being a theatric frequent caller to Montreal sports radio shows.
From what I remember he has been hit and miss on his “inside scoops” loud and frequently silly.
Recently teamed up with delusional Hab super supporter Grant McCagg on a completely unintentionally hilarious Hab podcast.
Not really credible imo

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009

This is spectacular, opening night is three days away, they shipped the lesser but still adequate option out for chi chi beans and now they're looking at running Korpisalo.

And I think Sway should take 8 mil but not for 8 years. I want him to take 10 and tank their cap, or force himself out and leave them holding their dicks.

It's amateur hour shit to not have gotten a sense of his number before shipping out his boy.

Reactions: 1specter and OddyOh

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Just to nitpick, the tweet says “at least the rest of 2024” which is 3 months. The 2024-2025 season is 7 months, plus playoffs. So which is it, or maybe they don’t know yet.
The original says "rest of 2024". The person reposting it either didn't read it right or exaggerated for effect.

Reactions: OddyOh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad