Around the League - Pre-Season 2024-2025

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

Patrik Laine's test results are officially in for the Canadiens, and the news is not good following the hit from Leafs' Cedric Pare.

During Saturday's clash between the Maple Leafs and Canadiens from The Bell Centre in Montreal, Leafs forward Cedric Pare attempted to complete a check on Laine as the Finnish forward was surging into the offensive zone with the puck.

View attachment 911116

This is really terrible. I was actually looking forward to Laine being on the habs and was going to pick him in my pool and of course trolling habs fans on twitter. This really SUCKS!

Reactions: uncleben

OddyOh

Really, Healy?
Aug 18, 2010
Regina, SK

Patrik Laine's test results are officially in for the Canadiens, and the news is not good following the hit from Leafs' Cedric Pare.

During Saturday's clash between the Maple Leafs and Canadiens from The Bell Centre in Montreal, Leafs forward Cedric Pare attempted to complete a check on Laine as the Finnish forward was surging into the offensive zone with the puck.

View attachment 911116
Just to nitpick, the tweet says “at least the rest of 2024” which is 3 months. The 2024-2025 season is 7 months, plus playoffs. So which is it, or maybe they don’t know yet.

Reactions: uncleben

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Tony Marinaro... and I have no idea if he's reliable, said on his podcast that Laine is 5-6 months, and Reinbacher 4-5 months, both with knee injuries.

There is no official word from the Habs at all at this point. Maybe tomorrow?

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Tony Marinaro... and I have no idea if he's reliable, said on his podcast that Laine is 5-6 months, and Reinbacher 4-5 months, both with knee injuries.

There is no official word from the Habs at all at this point. Maybe tomorrow?

Feel for both of those players. That sucks.

But as for the Habs fortunes, I laugh.

I’ve always been vocal on how well Bruins seem to manage their roster. Welp I’m happily gonna eat crow on this one. And hopefully this isn’t the only tough signing they have

They run a tight ship, this seems like a big anomaly. Then again they have not been shy about moving guys who don’t fit their culture (Kessel, Seguin, Hamilton)… maybe Swayman is next

Reactions: HolyCrap

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad