Around the League - Pre-Season 2024-2025

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Yeah seems like a messy situation. Nice to not be on the receiving end of one of those. As Whitney said bruins really played their hand horribly. they knew this summer they would have to commit to one goalie. When they traded ullmark you showed that swayman is your choice. But now it seems like they dont want to commit to him long term but he wants that? How would you not have known this going into the situation and deciding on which one to keep. Seems like they probably could have gotten ullmark to sign the type of deal they are looking for. I wonder what a Swayman trade would have looked like this summer.
I still think Boston will be fine, they don’t capulate to player demands, they’ll figure it out without screwing up their cap. Of this I am certain……

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Yeah seems like a messy situation. Nice to not be on the receiving end of one of those. As Whitney said bruins really played their hand horribly. they knew this summer they would have to commit to one goalie. When they traded ullmark you showed that swayman is your choice. But now it seems like they dont want to commit to him long term but he wants that? How would you not have known this going into the situation and deciding on which one to keep. Seems like they probably could have gotten ullmark to sign the type of deal they are looking for. I wonder what a Swayman trade would have looked like this summer.

If they weren't prepared to extend Swayman, should have gone with Ullmark, or at least not traded him until they were certain one way or the other.

Theres time for them to get things sorted still, but they've now gone from the deepest goalie tandem in the league to a complete question mark. They better hope Korpisalo is able to handle an enormous amount of pressure

To me seems like their GM has been resting on his laurels too much

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
If they weren't prepared to extend Swayman, should have gone with Ullmark, or at least not traded him until they were certain one way or the other.

Theres time for them to get things sorted still, but they've now gone from the deepest goalie tandem in the league to a complete question mark. They better hope Korpisalo is able to handle an enormous amount of pressure

To me seems like their GM has been resting on his laurels too much

Part of the trouble is Boston would have had to clear the Ullmark money away before signing Swayman. Ullmark had trade protection coming as well. Oh well, screw em.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Boston is Boston... they seem to do well no matter who is on their roster... we thought they'd age out... they kept doing well in the regular season. Bergeron and Krejc retire, surely they'd drop now right.... nope, keep on going. Swayman is important to them when it counts, but I don't think his absence will hurt them regular season too much. In the end, he'll sign for somewhere around 8 x $8.5 million, and we'll move on.

Reactions: rumman

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Boston is Boston... they seem to do well no matter who is on their roster... we thought they'd age out... they kept doing well in the regular season. Bergeron and Krejc retire, surely they'd drop now right.... nope, keep on going. Swayman is important to them when it counts, but I don't think his absence will hurt them regular season too much. In the end, he'll sign for somewhere around 8 x $8.5 million, and we'll move on.
I mean, Boston did have a noticeable drop off last year. Last year was their worst underlying skater results since they last missed the playoffs in 2015-2016. They relied pretty heavily on their goaltending. If they screw around with Swayman after trading Ullmark, they could have some trouble.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
1727270303707.png

Bring him over here already.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Hard pass, been there, done that……….

Kessel hated it here.

He was the one who orchestrated salutegate. Because the fans booed that loser team of blowheads mercilessly. Rightfully so considering their gutless heartless losing performances.

It worked.

Kessel was off the team that summer. Phaneuf was right behind him at deadline. I know I was happy to see them both gone.

It reminds me of the current situation.

This core hasn't missed the playoffs yet. One can only imagine the uproar if they do. Right now regular season success is the only thing fans have had to cheer for.

What do they expect fans to do if they don't even have that anymore.

Reactions: ToneDog and rumman

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
View attachment 909577
Bring him over here already.
All about that slow twitch, baby!

You don't need to look like a shredded marble statue at rest, for the NHL
You can have an unassuming body or even fatty deposits, but I bet you once Phil engages those muscles he's got an intimidating frame
Probably also helped with his conditioning and iron man streak

It's more like a Ford Focus that once it hits 60MPH, the frame bends back into the shape of a Lamborghini, haha

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I mean, Boston did have a noticeable drop off last year. Last year was their worst underlying skater results since they last missed the playoffs in 2015-2016. They relied pretty heavily on their goaltending. If they screw around with Swayman after trading Ullmark, they could have some trouble.
I'd attribute it more to the defensive play, than necessarily goaltending. I'd bet Ullmark looks a lot less like an Elite goalie in Ottawa. Yes, they had a drop last year, but it wasn't as bad as people thought could happen, losing their 1C and 2C.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad