Around the League - Pre-Season 2024-2025

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Yeah seems like a messy situation. Nice to not be on the receiving end of one of those. As Whitney said bruins really played their hand horribly. they knew this summer they would have to commit to one goalie. When they traded ullmark you showed that swayman is your choice. But now it seems like they dont want to commit to him long term but he wants that? How would you not have known this going into the situation and deciding on which one to keep. Seems like they probably could have gotten ullmark to sign the type of deal they are looking for. I wonder what a Swayman trade would have looked like this summer.
I still think Boston will be fine, they don’t capulate to player demands, they’ll figure it out without screwing up their cap. Of this I am certain……

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Yeah seems like a messy situation. Nice to not be on the receiving end of one of those. As Whitney said bruins really played their hand horribly. they knew this summer they would have to commit to one goalie. When they traded ullmark you showed that swayman is your choice. But now it seems like they dont want to commit to him long term but he wants that? How would you not have known this going into the situation and deciding on which one to keep. Seems like they probably could have gotten ullmark to sign the type of deal they are looking for. I wonder what a Swayman trade would have looked like this summer.

If they weren't prepared to extend Swayman, should have gone with Ullmark, or at least not traded him until they were certain one way or the other.

Theres time for them to get things sorted still, but they've now gone from the deepest goalie tandem in the league to a complete question mark. They better hope Korpisalo is able to handle an enormous amount of pressure

To me seems like their GM has been resting on his laurels too much

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad