Around the League - Pre-Season 2024-2025

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Just too sad ... so many ruined families

RIP Johnny Gaudreau - Stickied for now

Such a senseless loss. Can't imagine what the parents/family are dealing with. Cruel.
forums.hfboards.com
forums.hfboards.com

Last edited by a moderator:

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
As much as I’d like to see a team back in QC, it’s too small a market just like The Peg. Atlanta is another former city that couldn’t support a team, shy does Bettman keep wanting to put square pegs in round holes? Houston has the population to support a team, but is there enough interest from those living in the city? Bring s secondvteam to the GTA, it’ll be a no brainer success, Leafs and Sabers get millions for ghe inconvience and the competition makes the Leafs pull up their socks……
There's lots of teams in sports that have had 2 or three chances, especially since the previous franchise was set up to fail and the first team was too, just not as bad.

Personally I think putting another team in Canada is the square peg, round hole because aside from the expansion fee, it does absolutely nothing for sustained revenue c
compared to these giant markets in the states and will do nothing to create new fans.

The braves showed doubters that moving closer to their target demographic was night and day.

There's two different owners who are willing to put their money on it.

They know that most of the fans are in the burbs and while most are Caucasian, there's also lots of POC who live in the burbs who fit in that demographic as well, while I'm other areas more dominated by POC tend to not be as interested.
Those areas in the burbs tend to be a bit better off and with hockey being really expensive it's more likely that's where most of the kids who play live in those areas and most new fans likely would come from there as well. And we know that any team will spend money on trying to grow the game in all of Atlanta as well.

Houston is such a no brainer, Texas is just such a kick ass state when it comes to sports and I really think that Atlanta done right will be a huge success as well.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
There's lots of teams in sports that have had 2 or three chances, especially since the previous franchise was set up to fail and the first team was too, just not as bad.

Personally I think putting another team in Canada is the square peg, round hole because aside from the expansion fee, it does absolutely nothing for sustained revenue c
compared to these giant markets in the states and will do nothing to create new fans.

The braves showed doubters that moving closer to their target demographic was night and day.

There's two different owners who are willing to put their money on it.

They know that most of the fans are in the burbs and while most are Caucasian, there's also lots of POC who live in the burbs who fit in that demographic as well, while I'm other areas more dominated by POC tend to not be as interested.
Those areas in the burbs tend to be a bit better off and with hockey being really expensive it's more likely that's where most of the kids who play live in those areas and most new fans likely would come from there as well. And we know that any team will spend money on trying to grow the game in all of Atlanta as well.

Houston is such a no brainer, Texas is just such a kick ass state when it comes to sports and I really think that Atlanta done right will be a huge success as well.
Can I ask what benefit you see in growing the game?

Do you mean in an altruistic way?

If they lost teams I could care less, as it wouldn't negatively impact me.

Reactions: Metroid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad