Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
To me, that quick of a trade out of town after one season makes it seem pretty clear that he wasn't well liked in the dressing room and may have impacted the chemistry a bit.
His NMC kicks in July 1st. At least he was not asleep at the wheel like Shanny was when Mitch's NMC kicked in July 1, 2023, and acted quickly.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Got rid of 7 years at $8.5 mil
for 3 years at $5.25 mil.

3 years for a 34 year old goalie though.

7 years is a long time but PLD is 25…

At that value you’re probably better off working with PLD to get him to rebound. Which seems to me that there were some off ice issues with him, which seems like par for the course given his past.

Reactions: BallardEra

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
3 years for a 34 year old goalie though.

7 years is a long time but PLD is 25…

At that value you’re probably better off working with PLD to get him to rebound. Which seems to me that there were some off ice issues with him, which seems like par for the course given his past.

Well… he’s now been traded away by three teams at 25. Clearly there are some issues there. LA knew they likely could get a better version than last years performance and still dumped him as fast as they could.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Funny that in the last 24 hours we've seen videos of Zito being pissed in the press box and complaints that the Panthers fans were way too quiet for a playoff game.

Things many fans thought only happened in Toronto with the focus/shots of a GM and the "suits in the stands"

Wonder how much of it is just pressure and what the fans naturally do and where they tend to look

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Well… he’s now been traded away by three teams at 25. Clearly there are some issues there. LA knew they likely could get a better version than last years performance and still dumped him as fast as they could.
He definitely has some issues
Too many teams keeps betting on his draft standing and potential

Enga Olly

May 26, 2021
I was quite sure Panthers would win this easily in 5 - I was wrong. Still think they win and in 6 but given my track record that predictio. Ain't worth shit. I still don't get it, oilers are such a flawed team, yet they get to ghe finals. Every short coming we have gets exploited and assures us an early exit.

Reactions: PromisedLand

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I was quite sure Panthers would win this easily in 5 - I was wrong. Still think they win and in 6 but given my track record that predictio. Ain't worth shit. I still don't get it, oilers are such a flawed team, yet they get to ghe finals. Every short coming we have gets exploited and assures us an early exit.

It’s all McDavid… he’s put that team on his back.

Thing is, he only has to do it two more games. And that’s scary because he’s capable and clearly driven.

IMO Florida must win tonight as I don’t think they’ll win a game 7.

I actually think Edmonton completes the comeback to cement McDavid’s legacy.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It’s all McDavid… he’s put that team on his back.

Thing is, he only has to do it two more games. And that’s scary because he’s capable and clearly driven.

IMO Florida must win tonight as I don’t think they’ll win a game 7.

I actually think Edmonton completes the comeback to cement McDavid’s legacy.
If the Oilers continue to get goaltending it's hard to see them losing now.
Funny how quick a series can turn.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
McJesus single handedly making hockey famous ;)

That shocks me. Not even I watched that game. Mostly in Canada- 6 million?

Bob is done. They ain’t winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad