Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
I watch far fewer playoff games as each season goes by. The product isn't as exciting as it used to be especially with less physical play. Also, the lack of Canadian team playoff success will of course hurt Canadian ratings. Bettman wants more US $ TV money and will sell out Canadian markets to achieve that.

I agree.

With the watering down of body contact and fighting the game is resembling basketball more and more every year. Race up ice and shoot. The other team recovers the puck, races up ice, and shoots.

Eventually it will be a no contact sport with creampuff players like you find in loserball "sports" like basketball amd soccer.

Reactions: Gilmour1996

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
"Nu Hockey" is a figment of imagination; not a thing that exists. I'm not sure when goaltending has ever not been a priority. It's just that saying that you want an elite goalie doesn't magically make one appear. There are a handful in the league, and they don't move. Many cup-winners still win with either below average goaltending or good goaltending from a non-elite goalie.
It's a bizarre post, but lots of those coming from a few lately.

Bob's playing great and a huge reason for their success. This is approx 13 months after he almost cost them a playoff spot down the stretch and they had to revert to Lyons and some dumb luck. Bob's always had the talent, but has been inconsistent.

You need a goalie playing well or a team strong enough to overcome mediocre goaltending. We haven't had enough of either in our series. It's no coincidence we starting winning games vs. Bos when our goaltending was elite. Just like it was no surprise we beat Tampa when Vas struggled.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I hope you’re right. I’d love to see a series. Not as optimistic as you are though.
We don’t want Florida to win in that crap hole….but the funny thing is they’ll be back for game 6.

Reactions: bax

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
"Nu Hockey" is a figment of imagination; not a thing that exists. I'm not sure when goaltending has ever not been a priority. It's just that saying that you want an elite goalie doesn't magically make one appear. There are a handful in the league, and they don't move. Many cup-winners still win with either below average goaltending or good goaltending from a non-elite goalie.
Dubas didn't know goaltending to save his life. He signed f***ing Petr Mrazek :laugh:

Reactions: BrannigansLaw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad