Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Cap dump Tavares and bring in Stamkos this off season. He's still good for 40 goals and actually comes through in the playoffs.

View attachment 862369
artworks-xsAr2wdUvmN3GlIP-98deOQ-t500x500.jpg

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
He makes it clear that there is a tax advantage playing in Florida then name drops Matthews salary? Come on man. Do better.

After taxes Matthews makes the same as you guys down in Florida except you can fill your team because you have more cap room left over.
Well, he is right. They do deserve more even with the tax break but don't take as much as they possibly can.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
i get his point but rather weird of him to name drop matthews like that. you'd think there'd be more solidarity among fellow union members for high wages. from the standpoint of other players, matthews (or anyone else) getting paid well is a good thing.
Agreed. Shaming stars for getting more money when ultimately they are the product is a bit weird, but this is what the league has ultimately created with a hard cap.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Stamkos sure as shit doesn’t.
Why not? Last 3 seasons he has 2 40 goal seasons and 1 30+ goal season. 1 100 point season and 2 80+ point seasons. That's pretty much about the same as Nylander the last 3 seasons and he just got 11.5. Only difference is age really because production isn't.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
He makes it clear that there is a tax advantage playing in Florida then name drops Matthews salary? Come on man. Do better.

After taxes Matthews makes the same as you guys down in Florida except you can fill your team because you have more cap room left over.

Such a gutless comment from Stamkos, making reference to Toronto like he’s so familiar with us and like they did better than Leaf guys. Those are talking points for Leafs Nation.

Reactions: Punch Drunk Loov
Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives

Elite level delusion.

"If only I saw the pucks then I would have stopped it!" ...says every goaltender ever.

Lol interesting. Read somewhere that the Avs did lead everyone with 10 screened goals, so he does have a bit of a case. However, when you were statistically the worst goalie of the first round, I don't think you played the best hockey of your career. But hey, if you're still that confident, then good for you. Better than pouting I suppose

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019

Elite level delusion.

"If only I saw the pucks then I would have stopped it!" ...says every goaltender ever.

Literally got a guy saying other team was too good and it still is read as him being delusional. Goes to show no point trying to make others happy lol

Ad

Upcoming events

• Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $3,420.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated: