Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

Blanka

Mar 27, 2013
Good. I can't stand Vegas. Basically handed a competitor and still cheated. Go Stars.

torontoblood

Proud Member of Leafs Nation
May 27, 2021
Yup. They match up horribly against the Panthers, who IMO should make it back to the finals.
Panthers are too heavy, intense and quick for either the leafs and bruins defense. Their transition game and their forecheck is aggressive And relentless, they feast on turnovers in all three zones. (Offensive, neutral and defensive)
That Grabner trade made no sense the day it was made. I actually thought Taylor Beck and Carter Verhaeghe were guys that didn't need to giveaway. Even though no one had any idea this woul happen for him, Verhaeghe had received a little Leivo/Brown style hype here on the boards, and Taylor Beck had a couple of goals in the Predators game leading up to Salute Gate.

Bad times.
Carter verhaeghe, Tyler Seguin, Dakota Joshua, mason marchment and Anton stralman were the kind of players the Leafs should have never traded in the 2010s. And Jared McCann should never have been sacrificed to protect Justin Holl during the Seattle expansion draft.

Last edited:

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I'd be shocked if they did. He'll be there a long time I think, at least until they stop making the playoffs.
I could see him choosing to leave on his own and seeking out another challenge (and a big bag). Dude is a high achiever and an educated lawyer, he's also accomplished everything in Tampa and they're going to need a big retool or rebuild very soon. It would have to be for the right opportunity of course, but I wouldn't rule it out. Not dissimilar to the Babs situation where he had done everything with Detroit and the international team and they were also clearly leaving their contention window.

Reactions: ToneDog

Blanka

Mar 27, 2013
Dallas looks really good out there. If they win tonight, I believe neither team will have won on home ice yet.

If Dallas takes this series...

dracula.gif

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Carter Verhaeghe's stats line looks like he had a Freaky Friday body switch with Auston Matthews.

View attachment 862047

Just so disappointing that we have built our program around 4F + 1D but come playoff time, these guys can't consistently produce.

Everyone knew that this build would leave us very susceptible at defence and goalie but the thought was it wouldn't really matter because these star players would overwhelm the opponent and carry us to a championship.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Wyatt Jhonsson is a star(no pun) in the making
For his age he has done wonders. So mature for his age.

Really came out of no where. Good on Dallas to recognize that and let him play at some young age

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Panthers now in flip flops sipping on pina coladas.

So much for the idea that Tampa would bruise and batter them in taking it to 7 games.
Tampa didn’t have it.

Looks like at least two of the Atlantic teams are entering rebuild mode.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Wyatt Jhonsson is a star(no pun) in the making
For his age he has done wonders. So mature for his age.

Really came out of no where. Good on Dallas to recognize that and let him play at some young age
Could be the number 1 pick in a 2021 re-draft.

Before the Tkachuk trade, they'd be in strip joints. What a culture change.
Hope Tre learned a lot from that trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad