Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Yeah, and all his urgency to win a cup with our Leafs will be non-existent. He'll just be on a retirement contract here !!!

If I wanted McDavid as a Leaf, I'd want him HUNGRY to win a cup. There is less incentive if he already has a cup.

JMHO.
I think the allure of leading Toronto to its first Cup in 60ish years would be quite alluring for a hometown kid, regardless if he already has a Cup or not.

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
Dubas and Shanahan were so pompous and ignorant (dumb) that they had no idea what was going on. Just like the posters here that repeated their "we can and we will" jargon. Every single year the average fan buys the dopes message and reaffirms their confidence like a mindless horde.

I love all you beauties out there that lost faith in Shanahan when Dubas was hired. Lesson be learned to the rest of you. Don't trust these people that look at you and smile ear to ear and telling you what you want to hear. The snake oil salesman is always slick.

Edmonton was proactive. The Leafs reactive. They strategized and we made knee jerk reactions. We traded our freaking picks for temp help while Dubas and Shanahan tried to figure out that team chemistry cant be bought at the deadline. While they tried to figure out what a good coach is and ignored all the issues with Keefe.

Organizationally. Edmonton Oilers smart. Toronto Maple Leafs Stupid. Nothing more to say other than I hope ex Leafs get themselves a cup.
When some college kid on a campus trip asked him what he's going to do to shore up the weak defence and Dubas asked him what his major was and followed it up with "maybe stick with ___" whatever it was it just cemented for me that this guy is a knucklehead. People who act/speak in that passive aggressive slimy tone are not people to trust. You think Sakic would respond to a fan like that? He was in over his head imo

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Yeah, and all his urgency to win a cup with our Leafs will be non-existent. He'll just be on a retirement contract here !!!

If I wanted McDavid as a Leaf, I'd want him HUNGRY to win a cup. There is less incentive if he already has a cup.

JMHO.
McDavid is not like our stars. One cup will not quench his thirst. Winning another Cup here might.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
When some college kid on a campus trip asked him what he's going to do to shore up the weak defence and Dubas asked him what his major was and followed it up with "maybe stick with ___" whatever it was it just cemented for me that this guy is a knucklehead. People who act/speak in that passive aggressive slimy tone are not people to trust. You think Sakic would respond to a fan like that? He was in over his head imo
Proven. Strong armed his way to oust Lou and tried to back stab the guy who's ass he should be kissing every day for giving him the opportunity. He's the dazzle them with bullshit if you can't dazzle them with brilliance. I mean who wears fake glasses?

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005

What makes this funnier is Kyle's degree is in Sports Management from Brock University. He basically has a degree in gym class.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Proven. Strong armed his way to oust Lou and tried to back stab the guy who's ass he should be kissing every day for giving him the opportunity. He's the dazzle them with bullshit if you can't dazzle them with brilliance. I mean who wears fake glasses?
I’m not sure if Pelley’s glasses are real.
In fact, have you ever seen Pelley and Dubas in the same place at the same time?
Hmmm…..

• Haha
Reactions: ToneDog

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
Would give this a like if I could. People like the posters you're quoting I'm honestly convinced at this point that they don't even watch the games. We got stat watchers over here who genuinely think they know it all.
Thanks brother.

Last edited:
Reactions: PromisedLand

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
OIlers have made the finals twice in last 20 years
Vancouver, Ottawa and Montreal makes the other Canadian teams

And we barely won one round.

It really sucks being a Leafs fan

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
OIlers have made the finals twice in last 20 years
Vancouver, Ottawa and Montreal makes the other Canadian teams

And we barely won one round.

It really sucks being a Leafs fan
Since you are feeling Leaf “blue”, here is something to make you feel better.
The Maple Leafs have never been to the 4th round in the history of the franchise. Ever.

Oh, sorry, I guess that wasn’t really making it suck less.

• Wow
Reactions: TheTotalPackage

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Since you are feeling Leaf “blue”, here is something to make you feel better.
The Maple Leafs have never been to the 4th round in the history of the franchise. Ever.

Oh, sorry, I guess that wasn’t really making it suck less.

In another words, they have only won when we had 12 teams in the league and 3rd round was the most we played?

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Florida is one of the best balanced team I have seen in a while
They can play that 6-3 game and they can play 2-1 game

They can outscore you and out goalie you

To me this is their Stanly Cup to lose

They can also lay you out with a physical game. Whoever built this team seriously got it right.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
In other words, they have only won when we had 12 teams in the league and 3rd round was the most we played?
There were only 6 teams in the league and 2 rounds when we last won in 1967. Expansion began in ‘68.
We have made it to the 3rd round and that’s it.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Yikes
If this is not a definitation of total failed organization, I don't know what it is
And this core, for all its resources and chances (chances no other team would likely get) hasn’t even been 3rd round good. 1 win in the 2nd round in 8 years. They are all getting paid again on their 3rd contracts.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Jesus imagine if the Kraken beat us to the cup finals too :laugh:
1. Seattle
2. Minnesota Wild (although Minnesota North Stars have been but are now Dallas)
3. Columbus
4. Winnipeg
5. Arizona/Utah
6. Toronto

Let the games begin!

Reactions: Nineteen67

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
So McD and McDrai go to the SCF before the 3 amigos. Who could have guessed? I guess the days of blaming those two for the Oilers playoff failures is officially over. Who do we blame next to defend our 3 super elite players for their playoff failues?

This is the time of year that my anger towards this organization starts to grow and it peaks when the SC is lifted by a team not the Leafs. The hockey will be great but it pisses me off that this organization with all it's advantages continues to fail. f*** everybody associated with the TMLs management and the star players who are afraid of their own shadows. Here's hoping you choke on that bonus money on July 1st.

/endRant
Blaming any one or two players is ridiculous in a team sport.

When you lose, everyone could have been better, when you when win, every shortcoming is overlooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad