Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
Don't know how the cap would have worked out but it's irritating knowing we could have had depth like moore kadri marchment hyman instead of going with the likes of mik engvall kerfoot etc.

I'm watching these remaining 4 teams and it's pissing me off knowing how simple it should have been for our team to smack these teams around. I'm seeing nothing that should have gave us trouble if we were just a little smarter with our moves. We should have a Cup, or even 2 Cups under the Matthews era thus far.

Here's hoping for better things to come under new management and a new coach.

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
captained team canada to a loss against... wait for it... switzerland
tbh Canada as a whole has a history of choking, the Leafs just embody it. Choked away complete dominance in the sport of hockey, the one sport we're good at by selling out to American imperialism, choked away what should have been numerous gold medals at the international stage. Choked a 10-0 lead in dodgeball to lose 10-11 to USA. Even the 2010 Olympics were a choke job and the team under performed. Yea in the end it made for a historical moment but given the difference in the quality of those two teams it would be more realistic for that game to be a blow out than be decided on a last goal wins in sudden death overtime. 2014 was the one year where they just dominated the way they should have given the quality of the roster compared to the rest of the teams.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
lmao jt chokes again and loses

to switzerland

atta boy jt, muchos lessons to learn
The persistent negativity, I tell you...

11pts in 8 games, second on the team, including the tying goal that gave them a chance in OT against Switzerland
Leads the tournament in faceoff percentage

Be disappointed, but Tavares was not the problem with this team

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
The persistent negativity, I tell you...

11pts in 8 games, second on the team, including the tying goal that gave them a chance in OT against Switzerland
Leads the tournament in faceoff percentage

Be disappointed, but Tavares was not the problem with this team
They used Power, Severson and Cozens in the SO. Not the wisest of moves IMO.

Don't know how the cap would have worked out but it's irritating knowing we could have had depth like moore kadri marchment hyman instead of going with the likes of mik engvall kerfoot etc.

I'm watching these remaining 4 teams and it's pissing me off knowing how simple it should have been for our team to smack these teams around. I'm seeing nothing that should have gave us trouble if we were just a little smarter with our moves. We should have a Cup, or even 2 Cups under the Matthews era thus far.

Dubas' soft team would have folded against the Panthers. The Panthers are tough throughout the lineup. Dubas tried to add Foligno one year. LOL.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Please tell me this is true.
The sight of people gawking while holding phones is the perfect analogy of how stupid people have become.

Whereas before people would have felt compelled to intervene and easily stop these occurrences, now bystanders just record and posts it on whatever platform they use.

Maybe they are hoping to watch someone die while they stood there and did nothing.

That might really drive up their views….

Too bad the phones are Smart but the users are stupid.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
GO STARS GO

who wouldn't root for the Stars. DeBoer is trying so hard there.... :laugh:

;)

attachment-Screenshot-2024-05-06-113936.jpg

coach_1_medium.jpg

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
The sight of people gawking while holding phones is the perfect analogy of how stupid people have become.

Whereas before people would have felt compelled to intervene and easily stop these occurrences, now bystanders just record and posts it on whatever platform they use.

Maybe they are hoping to watch someone die while they stood there and did nothing.

1*KBn0C6MmIzCdSEM_1xZrfQ.gif

Al14

Jul 13, 2007

Unless Pelley has neutered Shanahan, and told him to stay at home in NY/NJ, I'm afraid that our Leafs are still under the same management.

Sure Treliving is new, however if Shanahan has still got the final say on hockey decisions, not much will change IMHO.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008

So true, today’s society is a black mark on humanity……….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad