Around the league part 2

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Political gif. Barack Obama gestures in disbelief, holding both hands up and looking around as if to ask, “are you serious?”
View attachment 892547

Alright, so for today we're back to variables and contexts don't matter. Its just, him in job bad, me job can better.

Doesn't matter why GMs and coaches might be recycled. Even if sometimes they win in their next job. Or, they never win again, even if they follow their same pattern from before. You have to be adaptable, but not overthink things, because there's a tried and true method to winning.

Sometimes you bring in your Canadian farm boy buddy in a desperate move and you win. Sometimes you do it, and it ends in disaster. Why? Who cares, too many words make brain ow.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Alright, so for today we're back to variables and contexts don't matter. Its just, him in job bad, me job can better.

Doesn't matter why GMs and coaches might be recycled. Even if sometimes they win in their next job. Or, they never win again, even if they follow their same pattern from before. You have to be adaptable, but not overthink things, because there's a tried and true method to winning.

Sometimes you bring in your Canadian farm boy buddy in a desperate move and you win. Sometimes you do it, and it ends in disaster. Why? Who cares, too many words make brain ow.
Mjo Funny GIF

Reactions: KingsFan7824

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

You do realize when someone says they are so hungry they can eat a horse, they don't mean they're literally going to consume or perform oral copulation on a horse, right?

It's hilarious you're knocking Schrute for not understanding nuance and context yet miss the obvious point that he's not saying literally that any fan can do a better job.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
You do realize when someone says they are so hungry they can eat a horse, they don't mean they're literally going to consume or perform oral copulation on a horse, right?

It's hilarious you're knocking Schrute for not understanding nuance and context yet miss the obvious point that he's not saying literally that any fan can do a better job.
Yeah, i'm smart enough to not allow myself to get pulled into playing in any of his reindeer games.
I assume he knows what he is doing and just likes doing it -- because the alternative is simply being a dolt ;)

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014

I could…

Edit: I am joking in case it’s not obvious…. Or am I?

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
How hasn’t Coach Todd sealed the deal in Columbus yet? He’s leaving Blakey on the hook for (reportedly) $5M next year. It must explain why our perpetually learning on the job GM was gun shy to make a big swing this off season.

I’m sure hopes were high in El Segundo when the rumors were thick about TMac flying economy to Toronto and Buffalo and who knows where else. But well before the cup was handed out, we knew more about Jim Hiller’s next job than the guy Blake gave $30M to because of familiarity.

My guess is that McLellan would have taken a pay cut to carry some water during a Blue Jackets rebuild, but not enough to tempt their new GM. And now with Coach Q coming off the verboten list, all of the sudden getting paid to go fishing by the Kings seems like a better choice for the Todd Fawtha.

• Haha
Reactions: AbsentMojo

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012

Nothing goes over my head. I’m too fast and would catch it.

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
Was just watching PLD's interview on Cap's TV.

No matter what any Kings fans think of the summer moves, I would rather have Jeannot, Edmundson, and Foegele instead of PLD.

Those three salaries add up just a little over PL's 8.5 million. LOL!
True. There's a high likelihood that at least one of those players will outplay PLD. He's absolutely worthless.

Sounds like Crosby will be extended soon and possibly retire a Penguin.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
I really do wonder how many more times PLD is traded. Based on precedent his NTC no longer applies correct?

Can see the Caps keeping him for a couple years to help out Ovi, and then dealing him to another team to provide some other purpose.

He'll probably never have any value, but could help a team meet the cap floor, or provide some small amount of scoring on the PP.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I really do wonder how many more times PLD is traded. Based on precedent his NTC no longer applies correct?

Can see the Caps keeping him for a couple years to help out Ovi, and then dealing him to another team to provide some other purpose.

He'll probably never have any value, but could help a team meet the cap floor, or provide some small amount of scoring on the PP.
Pretty sure he still has the NMC.

I'll be curious to see how he does this year. I'm expecting another lackadaisical performance but you never know.

He's making 11.25M this year, and 11.35M next year.

I doubt he makes it to the end of his contract. It will end in a buyout I think.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV

No matter what any Kings fans think of the summer moves, I would rather have Jeannot, Edmundson, and Foegele instead of PLD.

Easily agreed, but just because that's true doesn't mean we have to like the replacement versus what else we could have done with the cap space. It is clear though that Blake channeled his inner Johnny Utah this offseason :P

I bet PLD has a good year. Just because. It's the second year in Washington I bet he becomes a turd again.

I don't think he will play amazingly great, but I do think he will put up offensive numbers as the caps are likely to stick him in the crease during powerplays and utilize him a bit better offensively, but I still see him having a massive minus stat and looking terrible while doing it.

bland

Jul 1, 2004

Except Kuemper has to be included there.

It's like $14.6 million plus the Provorov retention plus the bonus fee for Talbot versus $8.5 million, and not a damn one of them SHOULD be here due to total mismanagement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad