Around the league part 2

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
What is Carolina doing? They're just gonna let all their UFA's walk?

Skjei
Pesce
Noesen
Teravainen
Guentzal
Martinook

That's a lot to lose when you're supposed to be in your contending window.

Reactions: um

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
1. Durzi is absolutely worth 6 million, you just have to had paid attention to how he was used and played after he left here

2. 4 years at that ain’t bad at all

3. Some of you are gonna shit your pants at the money handed out tomorrow. GMs finally have some breathing room and you know they can’t help themselves. I wouldn’t be shocked to see a Roy 6x7.5

I think it's the 6 that freaking people out. If it was 5x4 , not a lot of complaining. It's a short deal too as you pointed out. Durzi is a good player, especially bringing the puck in, and our pp missed him a lot. We had no one to replace his production.

Matt Roy is going to get 7.5-8.0 :nod:

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
Cap is up so I expect some player salaries to rise.
Yeah. We need to stop thinking of these contracts in terms of x dollars. It's about the percentage of the cap. A six million a year player is not the same thing as a six million dollar a year player five or six years ago.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
tampa has way too much money on way too few players imo, near 50% of their cap is on 5 forwards who are locked down for huge term. nothing's staggered, their team implodes after 2030

i guess this is the nu nhl though, you play your top players for half the damn game then LTIR their corpses

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
tampa has way too much money on way too few players imo, near 50% of their cap is on 5 forwards who are locked down for huge term. nothing's staggered, their team implodes after 2030

i guess this is the nu nhl though, you play your top players for half the damn game then LTIR their corpses

Not as bad as the Leafs. Steven Dangle mentioned this on his podcast recently.....Leafs have 4 players tying up 53% of the cap.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
didn't even notice edmonton got skinner for only $3M, $7M total between him and arvidsson

not sure that offsets the corey perry curse but that team got a lot better imo

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005

Averaging out Reinhart's salary to $8.625 million annually, he owes $3.15 million in taxes in Florida. He would pay $1.1 million more in California, $1.5 million more in New York and $1.4 million more in Toronto, according to a calculator provided publicly by Cardinal Point Athlete Advisors.

Over the length of the contract that could save him up to $12 million.

Reactions: FrozenKing18

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad