Around the league part 2

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Edmonton won despite Dallas having 5 powerplays. Oilers only had 1.

Seems like most people around were expecting the Stars to beat the Oilers handily.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
kulikov deserves to be deported to mother russia for that head shot on wennberg. yikes.

also please please please keep the replacement play by play guy. sometimes i think espn actively tries to f*** up its coverage. with the original play by play guy in the rangers v florida series it was as if the guy didnt want to be there.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Dallas with their usual slow start won the game... theyve been like this all season.. weird identity
Vegas was kinda like that when Deboer was the coach.
I remember 2nd periods in particular they would start coming on playing heavy and physical on the forecheck to wear you down on the long change. It starts adding up on the other team especially after you expended a lot of energy in the first and dont have a cushion of a lead.
He is a good coach and is always right there but cant get over the hump.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Vegas was kinda like that when Deboer was the coach.
I remember 2nd periods in particular they would start coming on playing heavy and physical on the forecheck to wear you down on the long change. It starts adding up on the other team especially after you expended a lot of energy in the first and dont have a cushion of a lead.
He is a good coach and is always right there but cant get over the hump.
And he's 8-0 in game 7s. I had to be reminded he was the coach of the Devils when we won the 1st cup.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
it's really easy to bet through people and there's no way the NHL would know.
It gets found out. They analyze betting patterns in great detail, it’s the betting companies that do the policing of it and then go back to the sports organizations. Various footballers have been caught out simply by doing things like giving family members injury news. People inevitably get dodgy inside info and can’t help but share it with others, or they will put a silly bet down on something obscure that comes to fruition.

A one off won’t get caught but it’s never a one off. I’m sure there are people that get away with it, but there is a lot in place to catch major offenders. Cricket also had a massive problem 10-15 years ago.

I like to gamble occasionally (poker usually) but it’s entertainment for me, so I’m never chasing the money. In fact I plan to lose, so anything is a bonus.A bit like BLuc.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Trouba get a pen, and the subsequent 6 on 5 before NY got possession, the took another penalty... shouldnt that be a 5 on 3? He got 4 minutes.. if it was a different player it be a 5 on 3.

Last edited:

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
If Trochek is the next arichards. Who is the next Justin Williams? Sign me up for both.

Last edited:

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
This team can't win 5 on 5.

Screenshot 2024-05-26 at 7.59.55 PM.png

Reactions: YP44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad