Around the League - OFFSEASON?!

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
We have temporarily stickied a Johnny Gaudreau thread for further discussions.

Just too sad ... so many ruined families

RIP Johnny Gaudreau - Stickied for now

Such a senseless loss. Can't imagine what the parents/family are dealing with. Cruel.
forums.hfboards.com
forums.hfboards.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
How many of the Professional Hockey Writers Association stay up to watch games ending at midnight for 200 games a year?
Members of the Professional Hockey Writers Association watch a fraction of a fraction of the games, regardless of timezone.
It's a silly reason to dismiss voted awards, especially when there are so many better reasons to dismiss voted awards.
Quite frankly, in some cases, players benefit more by being seen less anyway.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Members of the Professional Hockey Writers Association watch a fraction of a fraction of the games, regardless of timezone.
It's a silly reason to dismiss voted awards, especially when there are so many better reasons to dismiss voted awards.
Quite frankly, in some cases, players benefit more by being seen less anyway.
It's been discussed for decades.

Nothing new.

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
Any trade proposal that has Marner in it is a good one.

Even better if you can rip the other team off. If Nikishin is as good as you say he is this would be a great deal for the Leafs. They would never buy out Kotkaniemi with that many years left, but stick it out for a couple years, and then trade him in a package with sweeteners is my guess.

I hope they trade Marner for a 1RHD too.
Agree.

The Kotkaniemi buyout is interesting though. It is like $885K per year. The rules differ for those under 26 years old. It could happen and it could be a good decision.

Last edited:

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Noting, this report does not appear to be fully correct. It is one of their Junior leagues that are testing it out. Ok... so they can't skate with the puck back to their half of the ice... can they pass it back to the goalie?

View attachment 895912
Forget the goalie, whats just stopping another skater on the ice just going behind the red line and receiving that pass.

Think they need to crack down on the wording of the rule a bit more.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Forget the goalie, whats just stopping another skater on the ice just going behind the red line and receiving that pass.

Think they need to crack down on the wording of the rule a bit more.

I agree. I like what they are attempting to do but the implementation seems poor.

I say let the team exit and change with possession but put a timer on how long before they need to return to the attack.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Where is that rule, in addition to basketball?

Have not played since the 70's ...

Broomball?

Article 8. Delay of Game: A minor penalty shall be assessed to any player that intentionally shoots or bats the ball out of play. This shall also include shooting the ball out of play during a stoppage.If a team gains the offensive zone and intentionally carries or passes the ball out of their offensive zone in an attempt to kill time, a warning shall be issued to both teams and the face-off shall occur in the offending team’s defensive zone. The next violation shall result in a delay of game penalty.

That I remembered that ... :popcorn:

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Hiring with no virtually no NHL GM experience to speak of when you’re cup or bust feels like a really weird move for the Oilers

At least we’ll finally get to see what he’s capable of doing as a GM. Who do you think wins a cup first? Him with the oil, Dubas with the Pens or the leafs with neither lol

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
The Tortured Fanbase Department: Ranking the suffering of all 32 NHL fanbases

Daily Faceoff wanted to know which NHL fanbase was the most tortured based on a variety of factors and it should come as no surprise where Toronto finished.​

The Toronto Maple Leafs fanbase has been mocked and teased endlessly for their Stanley Cup drought, the constant first round exits, and their failed core-4 that takes up an egregious amount of their salary cap with very little success to their name. Nevertheless, every season brings about new hope and the fans show up regardless of the outcome from the previous years.

Unsurprisingly the Maple Leafs came in first with a unanimous vote:

The Maple Leafs are a team that controls most of the Canadian media and has the rest of the fanbases seething and annoyed against them on a nearly endless loop for one reason or another. Then you have the obvious staring you dead in the face with a 57-year-drought without the Stanley Cup, which is obviously tops in the NHL, the 7 first round exits in the last 8 seasons, core players that should be elevating their games in the playoffs turtling under the limelight, and then having to watch your divisional rivals in Tampa Bay and Florida lift the Cup 3 times over the last 5 years is tough to watch.

1721622412827.png

Reactions: PromisedLand

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Billionaire owners:

The City of Calgary will put in $537 million and Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corp., which owns the Flames, will pay $40 million now and then $17 million a year over the course of a 35-year lease, with payments growing by one per cent a year.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Billionaire owners:

The City of Calgary will put in $537 million and Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corp., which owns the Flames, will pay $40 million now and then $17 million a year over the course of a 35-year lease, with payments growing by one per cent a year.

I’m kinda disappointed they didn’t make the arena the shape of a 10 gallon hat, to go along with the saddledome.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
It's always funny to see how dumb our board is... claiming Keefe and Dubas would never find work and they are terrible at what they do, yet anyone that matters in the hockey world disagrees it appears.

I just think it's funny how triggered the PTSD crowd is going to be.

• Haha
Reactions: ULF_55 and ACC1224

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad