Tidbits: Around the League: NHL News - 2024-25

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
CO losing Nichushkin and Landeskog has really killed their forward group. Their goaltending is also not great, nor are the Dmen, at least defensively.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
But everyone was claiming Nashville was going to be a powerhouse
Adding a bunch of UFAs often causes a lot of problems to start, people massively underestimate the impact of chemistry, especially in today's league where its faster and more precise than ever before.

When you don't have full trust on exactly where your teammate is going to be, it slows down the decision making drastically, causing turnovers, incomplete passes and eventually more selfish and individual focused play throughout the game.

I am sure that Nashville will improve as the season goes on, but could be tough sledding for a while. I have never been as high on Stamkos as the mainstream, but Marchy is pretty good and should play a strong role for them eventually. They are a lot closer to Wild caliber though than a Dallas.

Reactions: Sweetnut

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Adding a bunch of UFAs often causes a lot of problems to start, people massively underestimate the impact of chemistry, especially in today's league where its faster and more precise than ever before.

When you don't have full trust on exactly where your teammate is going to be, it slows down the decision making drastically, causing turnovers, incomplete passes and eventually more selfish and individual focused play throughout the game.

I am sure that Nashville will improve as the season goes on, but could be tough sledding for a while. I have never been as high on Stamkos as the mainstream, but Marchy is pretty good and should play a strong role for them eventually. They are a lot closer to Wild caliber though than a Dallas.
Yes, I'm aware.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad