Around the League: News/Notes

Bear of Bad News

"The Worst Guy on the Site" - user feedback
Sep 27, 2005
Was hoping he'd land somewhere he might compete for a backup spot at least, I guess it's a little surprising he landed in Florida as I guess I assume Knight is pretty well locked in for them behind Bobrovsky? I guess I was considering that as part of my "he must really like it there" logic as he could have picked someplace with a more "open" goalie situation?
I'm hoping Knight is on the upswing - kid's got tremendous talent and he deserves it.

Reactions: Fuhrious

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
They sure do. That’s a team that could make the playoffs and do some damage. Hockey is fun for them again.
Yeah, if this was what Armstrong/Tourigny managed to accomplish with ownership holding them back in Arizona, they could be serious monsters in another year or two in Utah.

That Guenther OT goal was so impressive to watch in real-time. You could literally see his hockey IQ kick in as he slammed on the brakes entering the zone to create space for his shot.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
There's nothing I hate more than a new franchise having immediate success. GRRR
I dunno, in this case it feels different. I kinda feel bad for the Coyotes fans who have to watch them do well someplace else, because the owner was a dud. I was dipping into the Utah GDT while I watched the game and more than one of the Arizona refugees in there mentioned how much the constant reminders by the broadcast team made them feel bad. Must suck.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I dunno, in this case it feels different. I kinda feel bad for the Coyotes fans who have to watch them do well someplace else, because the owner was a dud. I was dipping into the Utah GDT while I watched the game and more than one of the Arizona refugees in there mentioned how much the constant reminders by the broadcast team made them feel bad. Must suck.

That makes it even worse for me. I've kinda lost a team (and I half wish I'd lose one of them (the one that can't be assed to spend the "most profitable" amount of money in their league and put together an actual contender), but I didn't live in that location, so it didn't hurt as bad, but the Dallas Stars are still the team I hate the most in the NHL... soooo.. Yeah, I don't like it when teams move, even when they have to, because of what they leave behind that didn't deserve it.

Reactions: Fuhrious

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Well, they did a proper rebuild and now have an ownership group that actually spends some money.

BTW: They also still have quite some talent already in their system and loads of draft picks coming up.
I could be mis-remembering but I think they had Cooley and Guenther on the ice with a D for the winner in OT. Would looooooove to have a combo of young studs like that in Seattle...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad