Around the League 45: The Stanley Cup is in God's Waiting Room

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Didn't we get to clap Edmonton like 8 to 1 before the turd around last season?

Yep, we were the last team to play them *before* they went on their run. We beat them 6-3 at home. They rattled off 8 straight wins after that, including one against us.
yep, we were in control of that game 5-1 at one point, and then they just flipped a switch and dominated play in the 3rd in that game. We had a 5-2 lead entering that period and it still felt like we were lucky to hold on from what I remember from being there.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
from what someone on here said it sounded like he gamed the system to avoid going to Anaheim, Columbus, San Jose, and Montreal due to the dysfunction of those franchises.
Yes, Friedman has mentioned it multiple times. It would not be the first time across sports that a guy used the leverage he has to manipulate his landing spot. He had the leverage of the KHL and the 3 year contract. Apparently he had extra/more meetings with the Flyers than other teams and let them know he specifically wanted to be a Flyer. I haven't heard it mentioned what he told other teams, but I'm sure they got the picture of where they stood. As I mentioned that last time this was brought up, any team could have called his bluff. I'm betting he would have still come over. But not every team wants to deal with a potential gamble and headache with a top 5 pick.

And hey, it cuts both ways, since the Flyers blew their relationship with another highly touted prospect last year. We can look on the postitive side with that.

Reactions: cptjeff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad