Around the League 45: The Stanley Cup is in God's Waiting Room

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Here's the kicker, 2x2 million.

Not sure I want to pay that for somebody so unproven. And remember, NHL time is quite certainly a part of what they negotiated with Askarov as well, and we can't guarantee that the way a non-contending team like San Jose can.

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Here's the kicker, 2x2 million.

Not sure I want to pay that for somebody so unproven. And remember, NHL time is quite certainly a part of what they negotiated with Askarov as well, and we can't guarantee that the way a non-contending team like San Jose can.

PK had played less than 10 NHL games when we signed him to 4x$2m…

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
If the league doesn't require you to use one of your official logos, I'd absolutely love to see us go full on Eye of the Storm at center ice

hurricane-florence-astronaut-4-ht-thg-180912_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
If the league doesn't require you to use one of your official logos, I'd absolutely love to see us go full on Eye of the Storm at center ice

hurricane-florence-astronaut-4-ht-thg-180912_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg
I think we could do something oversized like this guy's concepts:

Our logo isn't circular, but it's oblong, so putting a circle behind it would look quite weird. You can put a circle behind an irregular or angular shape or put an angular shape behind a round one, but a circle behind an oval would just look strange. Maybe I could be sold with some good concept art.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I think we could do something oversized like this guy's concepts:

Our logo isn't circular, but it's oblong, so putting a circle behind it would look quite weird. You can put a circle behind an irregular or angular shape or put an angular shape behind a round one, but a circle behind an oval would just look strange. Maybe I could be sold with some good concept art.
I mean I was kind of just saying go with the eye of the storm graphic to make the ice look like one giant hurricane with the faceoff circle an accurate depiction of the eye of the storm, maybe offset by the flag logos to the left and right between the PNC Arena wordmarks.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
The oversized graphics look nice, but I would wonder if it would make puck tracking for guys on the ice and fans harder given the dark colors.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
In terms of sheer points percentage over that time it's Boston, then Colorado, then us, by a very comfortable margin (only 3 teams with over 500 points in that time span). Florida and Tampa are 5 and 6 but both belong since they've both won the whole damn thing in that timespan.

Leafs are 4th but a huge outlier in terms of post-season success compared to literally everyone else in the top 10 to the point that I would put them firmly in the 10 hole (Edmonton, NYR, Vegas, Dallas 7-10 in order in terms of pt%), mind you Edmonton was last year away from being below the Leafs in that regard for me considering that the path in their division is Charmin soft until the 2nd round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad