Around the League 44: The Three Thousand Mile Final

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Post-lockout, higher seeds are 5-4 in Game 6 in WWWLL series, including the Rangers vs Canes this year.

Of the 4 that lost, 2 still went on to win the series (San Jose-Detroit 2010, Vancouver-Chicago 2011).

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Post-lockout, higher seeds are 5-4 in Game 6 in WWWLL series, including the Rangers vs Canes this year.

Of the 4 that lost, 2 still went on to win the series (San Jose-Detroit 2010, Vancouver-Chicago 2011).
Just to ask a stupid question: by higher seed do you mean

Best seed (higher rated seed, 1 is rated better than 3)
Higher seed (i.e 3 instead of 1).

I think its the former but its better to ask.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Just to ask a stupid question: by higher seed do you mean

Best seed (higher rated seed, 1 is rated better than 3)
Higher seed (i.e 3 instead of 1).

I think its the former but its better to ask.

Former. Never really thought about it that way. Sports talk almost always uses higher as short for higher rated seed.

In the same cap era sample, the team without home ice for the series as a whole hasn’t lost and hasn’t gone past a Game 6 to close it out. Different series dynamic.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Maybe, but the real question is: If Florida does win, does McDavid still get the Conn Smythe? Before these last two games, I was leaning towards the Bob/Barkov route, but then McDavid put up 8 points and now has a stat like this:

I'd say give it to him.
No losing skater has ever won it, but even if the Oilers lose, he absolutely should be the first to do it. Just an utterly insane playoff performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad