Around the League 44: The Three Thousand Mile Final

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
GQYKkICa0AAr3ZG

Man, with every new jersey, the Ducks seem to be leaning in more heavily on straight up copying the Flyers

Reactions: Daeavorn

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
GQYKkICa0AAr3ZG

Man, with every new jersey, the Ducks seem to be leaning in more heavily on straight up copying the Flyers
They're in Orange county and the owners want to use Orange. Other than that, it really doesn't have much of anything in common with the Flyers. Including the Orange pants, which the Flyers have never used at any point, even for a special event.

There are 32 teams and 6 primary/secondary colors. Occasionally, there's going to be overlap.

And on the merits, those are really good. 'Bout time, the Ducks have had terrible uniforms for forever now.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I mean, I don't get why they're not leaning more into the old green and eggplant elements they had but that's on their owner. These are a major step in the right direction at least, even if I never cared for that logo it's still iconic.
yea, it was one of the more unique color schemes and it just worked. I did see someone somewhere who had a concept they did with an orange base and like purple accents that looked really good. Are those red pants though, red & orange are kinda clashy?

Francis10

Jan 28, 2012
Canada
yea, it was one of the more unique color schemes and it just worked. I did see someone somewhere who had a concept they did with an orange base and like purple accents that looked really good. Are those red pants though, red & orange are kinda clashy?
Agreed. The egg plant colour was so unique. Wish they would have just kept the above logo in those original colours.

However I do like the orange helmets and pants. Something different.

Pants in hockey are severely under utilized. Wish the Canes would get some stripes or storm flags or something down the sides of the pants.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Agreed. The egg plant colour was so unique. Wish they would have just kept the above logo in those original colours.
However I do like the orange helmets and pants. Something different.
Pants in hockey are severely under utilized. Wish the Canes would get some stripes or storm flags or something down the sides of the pants.

1718752539936.png

htdoc

Oct 30, 2018
I think it’s the shade of orange that I’m not jumping up and down about… but the idea of it seems cool….

The original old school ducks stuff was just so freakin cool as well.. iconic and missed.. I appreciate what they are trying to do if the new ownership is driving the bus toward orange…. Too leaning toward brown orange in the photo I am looking at…. Maybe it’s my display that is offf and in real life it’s better…

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
GQYKkICa0AAr3ZG

This looks AI generated? I think fans are going to be disappointed by the real product after seeing this, if it's AI lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad