OT: Around the League '24-25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Faber paid more than Heiskanen after one season
Lock guys down first. Everyone wants to beat the other guys contract. A concept lost on the Jones boys over at the star. Contracts typically only go up. Oettinger’s next contract may be scary. Better get Harley locked down long term.

Good for Faber on getting a higher salary over a guy he is not even close to. I doubt he will even get to Miro’s level.

redbeardtx

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
How the hell is he making more $ than Heiskanen after 1 season?

And now I'm seeing people saying it's a steal because in a few years he's gonna be worth $14-15mil per year? I know the cap is going up, but damn that's some crazy ass shit

Last edited:

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Because Minnesota is wildly desperate to keep Faber. They have nothing in the cupboard on D and most of their current D is mildly broken or old.

So they have to massively overpay to keep Faber.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Because Minnesota is wildly desperate to keep Faber. They have nothing in the cupboard on D and most of their current D is mildly broken or old.

So they have to massively overpay to keep Faber.
I don't know that it's going to end up a massive overpay. if he repeats /improves a little over last year, the money probably ends up working out well enough. We're living in a world where Dumba and Lyabushkin combine for 7m a year.
Faber is a right shot D, and, provided he doesn't regress hard, will be worth it.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
I don't know that it's going to end up a massive overpay. if he repeats /improves a little over last year, the money probably ends up working out well enough. We're living in a world where Dumba and Lyabushkin combine for 7m a year.
Faber is a right shot D, and, provided he doesn't regress hard, will be worth it.

You are right, but it's still a massive commitment to a 21 year old D man on ONE season of play. Imagine if they gave that to Harley. And then he fell apart like he did in the playoffs for the rest of the contract.

Someone's going to have to get moved to keep Harley if he forces their hand to a long term deal.

Reactions: M88K

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
Gurianov to the KHL.

Some rumors that Hankkappa wont play again due to the knee injury. Guess his signing with the Leafs still isnt official?

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
The thing is Harley is harder to offer sheet because you would need to sign him to a truly Looney Tunes style deal to have any chance of the Stars not matching. Really only the Ducks, Sharks, and Flames have that kind of cap flexibility in the first place. Even your modern #1 Dman-type mega contract could be matched by offloading Dadonov and Marchment without crippling the current roster.

redbeardtx

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
The thing is Harley is harder to offer sheet because you would need to sign him to a truly Looney Tunes style deal to have any chance of the Stars not matching. Really only the Ducks, Sharks, and Flames have that kind of cap flexibility in the first place. Even your modern #1 Dman-type mega contract could be matched by offloading Dadonov and Marchment without crippling the current roster.
Plus the offer would be in the 1st round pick range for compensation most likely, and I can't see those teams giving up an unprotected 1st next season. It'd be pretty risky for a bad team

But if we let him go and end up with the 1st overall pick as compensation, it wouldn't be the worst thing ever

Reactions: Dallasman and LT

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

And those are teams that wouldn't dare risk moving their 1sts, except maybe Calgary.

Reactions: redbeardtx

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I find it hilarious the Predators had to pay 2 drafts picks to dump a player with modest but actual potential on a one year deal making less than Faksa.

Reactions: Magic Mittens

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
No one is gonna offer sheet Harley simply because of the fact classy Jim is too respected around the world
You're saying this as a joke, but the #1 threat in this situation is Calgary, and the flurry of deals this spring between Conroy and Nill suggest they have a good working relationship.

Also Calgary doesn't own their original 1st round pick next year.

redbeardtx

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
You're saying this as a joke, but the #1 threat in this situation is Calgary, and the flurry of deals this spring between Conroy and Nill suggest they have a good working relationship.

Also Calgary doesn't own their original 1st round pick next year.
Harley + cap for Weegar + Kadri

wHo SeZ nO?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad