GDT: Around The League 24/25. Captains Skates, Training Camp, Preseason Begins.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL

You know Vegas is going to figure out a way to get his cap hit totally removed and Bettman will just turn the other cheek while penalizing the Oilers a 3rd round pick.

Logan Thompson was throwing shade at Vegas during his media comments at Capitals camp. Marchessault wasn't happy with his contract negotiations before signing in Nashville. Lehner likely upset with the media fire storm created by the way McCrimmon explained his absence from camp.

Looks like Vegas rep as a desired location may take a hit as former players spread among the league and talk with their peers.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Logan Thompson was throwing shade at Vegas during his media comments at Capitals camp. Marchessault wasn't happy with his contract negotiations before signing in Nashville. Lehner likely upset with the media fire storm created by the way McCrimmon explained his absence from camp.

Looks like Vegas rep as a desired location may take a hit as former players spread among the league and talk with their peers.
I'll believe that players will not go there when they stop going there. This offseason's conduct is no different than the long pattern before this. Hertl still waived to go there. Hanifin signed long term. Marchessault's comments show he's mad about not getting to stay there.

I could see maybe a low or mid tier player might not want to commit there long term with no NMC. A contender like Vegas can get away with offering short term deals though I imagine

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I’m not even mad if Jesse turns into something. It’s just preseason but I always liked the guy, maybe not all the time but overall he’s a good dude and really does have nice potential.

Basically he’s got all the tools, just needs to think the game better. Some guys just don’t have the IQ. But honestly if Crosby took him under and his wing and Jesse had a great year I’d be really happy for him.

Holloway I like too but I kinda want him to regret his decision.

Reactions: jukon

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
I’m not even mad if Jesse turns into something. It’s just preseason but I always liked the guy, maybe not all the time but overall he’s a good dude and really does have nice potential.

Basically he’s got all the tools, just needs to think the game better. Some guys just don’t have the IQ. But honestly if Crosby took him under and his wing and Jesse had a great year I’d be really happy for him.

Holloway I like too but I kinda want him to regret his decision.
Hopefully we aren't singing about wishing we had "Jesse's skill"

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Hopefully we aren't singing about wishing we had "Jesse's skill"

He was mishandled under Chiarelli, but the guy was welcomed back with open arms and given every opportunity to succeed with Hollandms regime.

If he had success after years of disappointment, it is what it is. He had the chance to put it together here

You can’t fix bad hockey sense though, I think it’ll come apart soon

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
He was mishandled under Chiarelli, but the guy was welcomed back with open arms and given every opportunity to succeed with Hollandms regime.

If he had success after years of disappointment, it is what it is. He had the chance to put it together here

He’s on his third team, second year of a two year low dollar contract. If he’s ever going to show some desperation it’s going to be this year.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
The Leafs are icing their starting lineup and playing like they are in a game 7 of the first round against Ottawa's farm team.

And still lost.

giphy.gif

Same old Leafs nation.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015

I always remember his as Jesse Poujtinghardily

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad