GDT: Around The League 24/25. Captains Skates, Training Camp, Preseason Begins.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Great, I suspect there is a thread on main boards about this already too?

Wouldn't Vancouver's schedule be easier as we had a worse record than them?

No clue. I don’t waste my time on the mains. I’d rather visit my dentist and I hate her.

Good question. It’s not even balanced within the division so maybe we play Anahiem, San Jose and Calgary more than Vancouver does?

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Great, I suspect there is a thread on main boards about this already too?

Wouldn't Vancouver's schedule be easier as we had a worse record than them?
CalgaryPuck is definitely gonna complain whenever we're rested and play tired teams, as if we're the only team that ever does that.

Flames also seem to be the only team in alberta that plays a back to back or 3 in 4 apparently.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
IMG_6747.jpeg

Friedman looks like he’s coming off a 3 week bender.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012

So Daly frowns on the Hurricanes for getting too close to circumvention...yet the beloved Golden Knights not only get away with that exact behavior, but openly flaunt it?

The sooner Bettman and Daly are out of power, the better.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton

So Daly frowns on the Hurricanes for getting too close to circumvention...yet the beloved Golden Knights not only get away with that exact behavior, but openly flaunt it?

The sooner Bettman and Daly are out of power, the better.
What Vegas is doing is an established tactic that was already sanctioned by the NHL way back when Tbay was winning cups.

The Jarvis thing is new, and could turn into a new trend that could blow up into a CBA issue if teams start abusing it.

Reactions: oilers'72

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
What Vegas is doing is an established tactic that was already sanctioned by the NHL way back when Tbay was winning cups.

The Jarvis thing is new, and could turn into a new trend that could blow up into a CBA issue if teams start abusing it.
"Sanctioned" or not, isn't the LTIR tactic far worse of an abuse than the deferred money tactic?

My issue is that the league is pouting about Carolina shoplifting a single candy bar while Vegas and Tampa are allowed to loot the whole store like an unhinged Canucks fan.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
"Sanctioned" or not, isn't the LTIR tactic far worse of an abuse than the deferred money tactic?

My issue is that the league is pouting about Carolina shoplifting a single candy bar while Vegas and Tampa are allowed to loot the whole store like an unhinged Canucks fan.
Probably not on the same level since LTIR is teams manipulating a cap mechanic to load more money onto a roster, while the deferred money is a manipulation of the contracts themselves. Contract precedents have in the past turned into runaway problems that became big CBA issues(aka, 10+ year retirement contracts leading up to the 2013 lockout)

People get up in arms about the LTIR stuff, but the NHL has already said it's legal, which means that it's not Tbay/Vegas that are doing something wrong - but the other 30 teams who aren't also aggressively using LTIR in the same way when they have the opportunity to do so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad