GDT: Around the League | '22-'23 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevy9999

Mar 10, 2023
“Have you seen how many posts the Flames have hit this season!?”
Flames have always been overrated by media. They don't have elite talent which is why they have to shoot from every angle and work harder than the top teams. They can outplay us on the shot clock but we have game breakers. They may squeak in playoffs but won't go past the first round. The Flames are where they are because they are an average bubble team . The fan base is delusional . I can go down the list of every team in nhl and make excuses why they aren't higher in the standings. Just the thought of the shames and their fan base make me puke lol we even have some so-called oiler fans who said they would cheer for the shames if oilers were not in playoffs and shames were. Now that is pathetic
“Have you seen how many posts the Flames have hit this season!?”
It's called no elite talent. The shames are where the are because they are an average bubble team. They have been the most overrated team every year with predictions

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Jets are you sure you want to do this?
16-16-2 since January 1st.

Exactly at .500...it seems they do. They're on an end-of-Tippett like run right now. What a time to fall face first into a pile of shit.

In this case it would’ve been understandable lol
Just seen the video, Ehlers ate a few. About time someone fed him his lunch. Somewhere out there Joe Thornton is laughing maniacally.

Reactions: Cloned

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
They're not going to make it. I'd rather they beat LA.
I'm just not so sure I'd write them off just yet. Winnipeg is sucking horseballs and has been for about 15 games now.

Calgarys final 12 games aren't all against powerhouses. They play Anaheim, Vancouver & San Jose twice each plus another game against the Blackhawks. They're on life support but nowhere near dead, unfortunately.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
I'm just not so sure I'd write them off just yet. Winnipeg is sucking horseballs and has been for about 15 games now.

Calgarys final 12 games aren't all against powerhouses. They play Anaheim, Vancouver & San Jose twice each plus another game against the Blackhawks. They're on life support but nowhere near dead, unfortunately.
I thought they were dead but the schedule seems to say otherwise. Winnipeg looks completely out of gas and I doubt Nashville is a threat. They can possibly one point a night their way in yet.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I thought they were dead but the schedule seems to say otherwise. Winnipeg looks completely out of gas and I doubt Nashville is a threat. They can possibly one point a night their way in yet.
They could wind up losing 12 straight (13 counting last night's) in OT and finish ahead of Winnipeg by a point and squeeze in. Gary would say the loser point is doing exactly what it's intended, to cause drama down the stretch. Their record would be 31-51, grouping all losses into one category. Extremely hypothetical but could you imagine? :laugh:

Reactions: TB12

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
They could wind up losing 12 straight (13 counting last night's) in OT and finish ahead of Winnipeg by a point and squeeze in. Gary would say the loser point is doing exactly what it's intended, to cause drama down the stretch. Their record would be 31-51, grouping all losses into one category. Extremely hypothetical but could you imagine? :laugh:
The chances of that are likely pretty decent lol

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

Part of the reason the Flames are where they are is because they keep losing to teams below them in the standings and their inability to win tight games. I don't think that changes, I'd bet on the team with the much better goalie.

Reactions: yukoner88

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Part of the reason the Flames are where they are is because they keep losing to teams below them in the standings and their inability to win tight games. I don't think that changes, I'd bet on the team with the much better goalie.
I'm not sure if you mean Saros or Hellebuyck but goaltending only gets them so far if they're getting some goal support. Nashville has scored just 20 goals in their last 10 games. Winnipeg has scored 28 in their past 10 but have also gotten shutout twice.

Goals against wise, Winnipeg has given up 38 goals to Nashville's 27. Up until yesterday, Nashville wasn't giving up much but they're not scoring either.

Calgary has scored 30 and has given up 28 over their last 10.

If these three teams continue this trend over their last dozen or so games, I can see Calgary closing the gap.

He might be feeling that one a bit...

I counted 9 solid shots Ehlers took. Either he can take a punch or Schenn is all swing but no substance. One of the two-lol.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Anyone know a website that tells what teams records are against playoff teams vs non playoff teams?

I'd be interested to know what Vegas, LA and Seattles records are against each.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad