Around the League 2024-25 season

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Yep. Remember when Anaheim got Ryan Kesler to counter Kopitar?

Or when the Kings got Kovalchuk to counter Vegas?

Or when the Kings got Fiala to counter Edmonton?
Freaking Florida just won the Cup by beating the best offensive players in the league with solid defense - while they clobbered a Kings team that keeps trading spine for flair.

If anything, offense is the most overrated part of winning.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
maxresdefault.jpg

It is now a 4-3 league.
Or a 6-7 league if you are the Kings.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yep. Remember when Anaheim got Ryan Kesler to counter Kopitar?

Or when the Kings got Kovalchuk to counter Vegas?

Or when the Kings got Fiala to counter Edmonton?

I will never let Ducks fans forget that they couldn't hide Getzlaf far away enough from Kopitar...he was scoring at the Malkin Conn Smythe pace until he had to face the Toews AND Hossa doubleteam.

Reactions: King'sPawn

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Nashville lost again today. They're 0-5-0.

Going big in free agency rarely works out. I'm surprised Trotz fell into that trap.
They definitely have the talent though. I think it’s just a bad start. People were saying much worse when Edmonton started awfully and most people thought they wouldn’t make the playoffs.

They just need to have some time to gel and they will be fine.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I agree with @Sol that they'll sort it out. It's almost always the teams with lots of turnover that start slow (or change of systems, coaches) and the teams with continuity that start hot.

But I DO think they overreacted to a hot streak by making these additions and now it's just the opposite, a cold streak.

AKA Blake following the Nashville 'model' to a T!

Dec 14 NY Rangers vs Los Angeles 10:00 am, that's 24 NYR games to go, will Quick get 5 wins before then? ( only 2 B2Bs for NY before the game on the14th. The NYR @ LA is on Mar 25 (67 games from today).

I hope he sets it up perfectly and gets a shutout against us, like a 70 save shutout AND an empty net goal. In overtime. And immediately crushes a Coors Light while celebrating by canoeing on one pad across center ice

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
2 points in 4 games. On pace for 41 points. Maybe they haven't given him clear instructions yet.
They’re winning so I doubt there’s gonna be much criticism of him for now. Kinda like last year where we had to hear all that nonsense about how his mere presence was slotting everyone in the right place and was fueling the Kings’ hot start.

I’m eagerly awaiting the Caps’ first cold streak when we’ll see the real meltdown start.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
They’re winning so I doubt there’s gonna be much criticism of him for now. Kinda like last year where we had to hear all that nonsense about how his mere presence was slotting everyone in the right place and was fueling the Kings’ hot start.

I’m eagerly awaiting the Caps’ first cold streak when we’ll see the real meltdown start.
I agree. I just couldn't resist an early jab.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad