Around the League 2024-25 season

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
If you're NYR, I think you just let him walk at the end of the season.

You won't get much for him in a trade IMO, and you're trying to contend this season.

They're going to re-sign him if he wants to stay. Especially if they're good as the season progresses. It's the same thing as Kopitar in 15-16. Had they sucked that year, had DL not invested in the 15-16 season and tried to win, maybe they trade him, or let him walk. Probably not, but maybe. Then they were 4th overall on the day they re-signed him.

Nobody just lets guys walk if they want to play there. Buffalo let Briere and Drury walk after 06-07, and almost 20 years later, they have yet to recover. You can blame that level of failure on ownership and/or management, and neither Briere or Drury ever had as good a season as they had in 06-07 for the rest of their careers, but teams don't usually let talent walk out the door, even if they have to overpay.

Couple that with the worst outcome last year, the Panthers winning with a 35 year old $10m cap hit goalie half a decade after giving it to him, and the Rangers will be able to justify any contract they eventually give to Shesterkin. Because you're not supposed to win with a 35 year old goalie at a $10m hit. Not supposed to win with your best defenseman as a former 126th overall pick waiver wire guy either.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
They're going to re-sign him if he wants to stay.

Nobody just lets guys walk if they want to play there.
Huh? Off the top of my head it happened at least twice just this offseason alone.

I like how you talk as if you know though (when you obviously don't).

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
lol, funny to me that I stopped watching the Sharks game going into the 3rd up 4-1 only to check now that they lost in OT 5-4 :laugh: Kinda crazy to me that Brayden Schenn could eclipse 1000 games this year.... Getting old sucks, lol.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
look at that release .. nice flick and in
I like Clarke but from our record of players drafted right after ours, it could go down as another....who am I kidding Guenther would be in the A finding his game if he was with us. LOL.

Screenshot 2024-10-10 224703.png

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I like Clarke but from our record of players drafted right after ours, it could go down as another....who am I kidding Guenther would be in the A finding his game if he was with us. LOL.

View attachment 915119
And Clarke would be finishing up his 2nd season in the top pair and PP1 QB wherever he ended up. The Kings are a garden with shitty soil: nothing grows well in this org.

• Haha
Reactions: Bandit and ru4reals

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Kings do need to draft a dynamic scorer like Guenther. Not sure if Greentree is that player, he is more a power forward.

But it shows what happens when you trade your first rounds picks - not good. Kings finally keep their first, end up with a late first, trade it for an even later first rounder and that forward, Greentree, is the best forward prospect. Not sure what his competition was, Jack Hughes or Jakub Dvorak - who were second rounders, but Kings first pick in the previous two drafts.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Only the Sharks would steal the name of a line from a rival, even more funny considering that line torched them in the playoffs that year.

That being said, San Jose is going to be a force to be reckoned with in a couple of years with how they have drafted.

This is the way it's supposed to be with players taken that high in the draft. Their Top 7 picks from 2021, 2023 and 2024 all playing top-6 roles in the fall of 2024.

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
Only the Sharks would steal the name of a line from a rival, even more funny considering that line torched them in the playoffs that year.

That being said, San Jose is going to be a force to be reckoned with in a couple of years with how they have drafted.

This is the way it's supposed to be with players taken that high in the draft. Their Top 7 picks from 2021, 2023 and 2024 all playing top-6 roles in the fall of 2024.
Grier is a fool. Imagine just handing NHL roster spots to Celebrini and Smith instead of giving them time to learn to be a pro on the Barracuda for a year or two. Not to mention trading away Karlsson and Hertl instead of building around them and Couture and Vlasic to chase that elusive Cup for those Sharks Legends who are running out of time. They could’ve been sneaking into the playoffs the last couple of years where Anything Can Happen.

At least they’re handling Askarov the right way.

• Haha
Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad