Speculation: First big trade?

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
John Gibson or Mrazek to Colorado. Not sure how they make the cap work, but I'll just throw that out there.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
It's abundantly obvious that the Oilers want to get Andersson from Calgary. Just do it already. Just give up on accruing space and use Kane's LTIR. As I understand it, losing anyone to injury between now and then screws us over with accrued space anyway

Maybe the back to back this weekend can be an indicator

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
It's abundantly obvious that the Oilers want to get Andersson from Calgary. Just do it already. Just give up on accruing space and use Kane's LTIR. As I understand it, losing anyone to injury between now and then screws us over with accrued space anyway

You can only use Kane's LTIR if he doesn't come back before playoffs. Otherwise, you're in a real tight bind when Kane returns. What's his estimated timeline to recover?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
You can only use Kane's LTIR if he doesn't come back before playoffs. Otherwise, you're in a real tight bind when Kane returns. What's his estimated timeline to recover?
He returns with about a month left in the season. It's enough to fudge him till the end

Although with this league I bet somehow this becomes their hill to die on to protect LTIR integrity

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Colorado is already having goalie issues and it’s one game. I don’t think demko will ever be healthy for any length of time, Vancouver might go goalie shopping. Edmonton might need a tender. Who’s a goalie in their prime that’s on a non playoff team for the foreseeable future and a pretty good caphit? Montembeault from Montreal. If your a contending team like the 3 teams I just mentioned, montembeault would be a good get. But they will have to overpay.

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
Liljegren will probably be traded soon
Only players in term of big names I would say maybe Gibson gets traded before its trade deadline season.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary

What on earth could they possibly offer? We want center prospects

Every playoff team would be in on him. Edmonton hardly has the assets to pay the Edmonton premium

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Ristolainen with retention to the Oilers for a 1st + Wanner + J.Skinner

I would feel so bad for Skinner. Goes 1000 games without ever seeing the playoffs and toils away in Buffalo, only to be bought out. Then, signs with the SC favourite team and gets to play with 2 of the best centres in the world, until he is traded to a team coached by Torts that is destined to finish 11th in the East every year.

Anderson for Gallagher... Wait.... :ha:

Hey, that's 60% of our goals this season.

Imgoingtowork

Apr 15, 2024
Sweden
The Red Wings have big talented centers + a star center Larkin + a well center Compher.

GM Yzerman listens to offer to Larkin?

Compher are new first line center.

The Red Wings will trade Larkin for a high-scoring slope.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad