Around the League 2024-25 season

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
was kind of hoping he'd hold out until after we play them next week :laugh:

I think comparing him to the other top goalies this is about right, especially after Shesterkin gets his next deal which I'm assuming will be more than Swayman

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
There’s no goalie in the NHL worth that kind of risk. Even when the elite old guard of goalies were still present it was still risky then. But at this point it’s nice to see the Bruins finally make a big f*** up by locking up some random bum for that kind of a contract. Seems like the bruins have gotten lucky with avoiding big bad contracts. At least they have theirs now.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
It’s because the game is in Europe. Regular season openers in Europe always seem to happen several days before the stateside opener so that those teams can fit back into the schedule normally after the long travel.
Yeah I get that, but I think it's a stupid idea to have regular season games and pre season games going at the same time.

I saw a lot of normie fans on Twitter: "The NHL season started?" Then they look it up and see a bunch of pre season games on the schedule.

Nevermind the fact that they're opening up the season with two teams no one gives a shit about.

Reactions: Chazz Reinhold

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Yep.

Oct 7 2012 in Sweden vs. Rangers (3-2 win)
Oct 8 2012 in Germany vs. Sabres (4-2 loss)
IMG_7222.jpeg

From the openers in London (UK) in 2007. I was at both games.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Bernier started that game against the Ducks. He was really young. It was his first game ever and he played well. I remember how excited many of us were about that.
He was great, as you say, I was pumped for/about him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad