Who will be the Islanders "whipping boy" this season.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Engvall plays like a third liner making third line money. Pelech is making almost 6M per and hasn’t looked the part in a couple years.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Engvall plays like a third liner making third line money. Pelech is making almost 6M per and hasn’t looked the part in a couple years.
Maybe Pelech turns it around. But if not, I've said it a couple of times that I wouldn't be shocked to see it play out that Reilly-Pulock gets some reps as the 2nd pair at some point and Pelech-Mayfield play together as the 3rd pair (and #1 PK pair). I could see the bottom 4 being moved around, maybe depending on the opponent.

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017
Does he actually play like a 3rd liner? He looks like a replacement level player. He gives up the puck or on the play 100% of the time if there is any chance of contact. He is the softest player I have ever seen

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Kind of hoping it can still be Oleg Kvasha or Brad Isbister.

In seriousness though, the answer will be Lou.

As far as players on the team. I think people may be very quick to get on Dobson if he didn't replicate his #s from last year.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Kind of hoping it can still be Oleg Kvasha or Brad Isbister.

In seriousness though, the answer will be Lou.

As far as players on the team. I think people may be very quick to get on Dobson if he didn't replicate his #s from last year.
Nice to see you still around I.J.

I think Dobson is going to have a hard time replicating last year's numbers if the defense stays healthy, but if his overall game improves I don't think folks with have an issue with the drop in production.

If the drop in production doesn't lead to tighter play in the DZ and NZ, then yes people will be questioning what his next contract will look like. Ultimately, NYI has no other option internally.

Ad

Ad

Ad