Around the League - 2024-2025

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Nashville off to a rough start after a pretty hype off-season. Still early though obviously..
Signing FA takes time. Once they bring in coach Q, they’ll turn it around, maybe not enough for this year. Next year will be the last year of their window before they have to start selling.

Last edited:

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Their GDT is pages and pages and pages of "the league is rigged, refs refs refs, disband the nhl, everyone hates us" over and over. No wonder their fan base is hated so much, maybe even more than the Leafs and thats saying something. GAWD they're whiners...
ummmm....have you ever read the threads on this board after a Leafs loss?

I don't care what Calgary does this season, but it's nice to see Wolf get off to a good start. They left him in the AHL for far too long.

Reactions: fahad203

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
I’m so thankful Montreal didn’t take Michkov, although it would be kinda funny to read the posts about how he’ll be a better goal scorer than Matthews in a couple years.

Add Michkov and Demidov to their team and it wouldn’t take a lot of projecting to make them look somewhat scary moving forward

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Van, Edm, and Col having 1 win in 10 combined games is surprising.

More surprising is Cal being 4-0.

Pretty sure it will even out by Dwc 1

Reactions: Fogelhund

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Van, Edm, and Col having 1 win in 10 combined games is surprising.

More surprising is Cal being 4-0.

Pretty sure it will even out by Dwc 1

I have confidence that Vancouver will turn it around without issue.

Colorado is a bit of a mess right now, terrible goaltending, and missing key players, which was expected. They are going to need Nichushkin, who I think is eligible to be reinstated mid month November... it's not guaranteed though. Landeskog might be back at some point too... They need these guys.

Edmonton... who knows. They've shown good play at times, and being tire fires at times... in the same season last year. They've got what it takes to be better, but seem a bit unstable as a group. Momentum is their key... if things are going bad, it's really bad. When things are good, it goes well. They won't shoot at 5.5% for the season though, that much is for sure. Outside of Bouchard and Ekholm, their D just isn't good, and relying on Calvin Pickard for many games isn't a recipe for success.

Reactions: Jojalu

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin

The woman, who is now 32, said she contacted the OPP on Feb. 28 to report an alleged assault in November 2014. […] The alleged victim goes by the pseudonym, Anne Marie.

She said that when she was 22, she was in a consensual relationship with a 19-year-old Ontario Hockey League player for about six months when he invited her to watch TV with one of his teammates at his billet home, the home where he lived during the hockey season.

Anne Marie said when she visited the player and went with him into the basement, there were eight players there. After the 19-year-old player took her into the bathroom, they started fooling around. What began as a consensual act became a group sexual assault, the woman said.

Anne Marie said she felt trapped and was assaulted for about 90 minutes. She said she froze and “pretty much blacked out.”

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I have confidence that Vancouver will turn it around without issue.

Colorado is a bit of a mess right now, terrible goaltending, and missing key players, which was expected. They are going to need Nichushkin, who I think is eligible to be reinstated mid month November... it's not guaranteed though. Landeskog might be back at some point too... They need these guys.

Edmonton... who knows. They've shown good play at times, and being tire fires at times... in the same season last year. They've got what it takes to be better, but seem a bit unstable as a group. Momentum is their key... if things are going bad, it's really bad. When things are good, it goes well. They won't shoot at 5.5% for the season though, that much is for sure. Outside of Bouchard and Ekholm, their D just isn't good, and relying on Calvin Pickard for many games isn't a recipe for success.

Hurricanes missed the playoffs year after they won the Stanly Cup. I have Oilers missing the playoffs this year

They have been god like fortunate that their top 2 players always been healthy for last 4 years.

They have some good fortune. A lot on their way last year. I can easily see them missing playoffs

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Hurricanes missed the playoffs year after they won the Stanly Cup. I have Oilers missing the playoffs this year

They have been god like fortunate that their top 2 players always been healthy for last 4 years.

They have some good fortune. A lot on their way last year. I can easily see them missing playoffs
I can see them missing the playoffs, I can see them winning the West. It's just totally unpredictable what you are going to get with this team. They can be absolutely terrible, or absolute juggernauts.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
1729108212388.png

Hmm... all that for a guy who ends up in the AHL anyway. When do the trade demands start?

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
I can see them missing the playoffs, I can see them winning the West. It's just totally unpredictable what you are going to get with this team. They can be absolutely terrible, or absolute juggernauts.

But but but what about all the cup predictions. You are in timeout young man!

I will get Knoblauch to yell at you. He has been yell free for ten years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad