Around the League - 2024-2025

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Get a streaming service. I pay $25 a month, and can watch all of the games on tonight if I wanted.
I gotta pay that a month just to have the sports package of Sportsnet and TSN since I don't pay for an expensive TV package because I don't really watch much TV these days and prefer the better Internet package. I know someone who had one of those Firesticks and that was nice being able to watch whatever the hell you want but it looks like a pain in the ass to keep up with all that.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I gotta pay that a month just to have the sports package of Sportsnet and TSN since I don't pay for an expensive TV package because I don't really watch much TV these days and prefer the better Internet package. I know someone who had one of those Firesticks and that was nice being able to watch whatever the hell you want but it looks like a pain in the ass to keep up with all that.
Keep up with what? I have a box, it's hardwired to my TV, and that's it... I don't do anything except turn it on, and pick a channel.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Screenshot_2024-10-15-22-15-12~2.png

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Edmonton has gotten the rough end in that period :laugh:
Having watched a bit of their first three, now four games, I feel they are fckng the dog big time. Wouldn't be too worried about what we are seeing as once they decide they want to play they should plow through most of the league. The one concern would be getting significantly weaker play from their D and G. I guess that is every teams worry.

Reactions: Evilhomer

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
Their GDT is pages and pages and pages of "the league is rigged, refs refs refs, disband the nhl, everyone hates us" over and over. No wonder their fan base is hated so much, maybe even more than the Leafs and thats saying something. GAWD they're whiners...

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
wtf is Draisatl doing there? Why is he complaining about that call too. I hate the amount of penalties too but that's the clearest cross checking penalty I've seen in a while

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Nashville off to a rough start after a pretty hype off-season. Still early though obviously..

Part of the big hype was signing Stamkos. A guy who has significantly declined 5v5, significantly declined defensively and Tampa thought best for him to play wing. His skating is actually worse than Tavares, and by a margin. He was fed by Kucherov and still put up decent points, but was a -21 in regular season, and a -5 in the playoffs.

So now Nashville put him back at C, and he is with Marchessault. Now March is no Kucherov, that much is for sure, and isn't really a setup guy. So after three games, Stamkos is a -2 with no points.

Stamkos put up 39 points last year on the PP, on the team that was tops in the NHL in the regular season. Nashville was mid pack last year, and likely not much better this year, though their start on the PP has been terrible.

It wouldn't shock me to see in in the 40-55 point range this year, and at least a -21 again. His $8 mil contract will be seen as a massive albatross.

A Predators fan said this tonight about him.

• Stamkos appears to have gone to the James Neal school of "Stand around waiting for a one-timer". If he isn't scoring he's invisible...and he isn't scoring. Looks like a terrible contract so far.
That's literally what he did in Tampa too... but Kucherov is Kucherov and repeatedly fed him the puck... he still has a good shot. We had fans proposing swapping Tavares for Stamkos. :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1specter

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Speaking of goalies... Skinner sets a pick, gets rocked, and then they start a fight. No penalty on the play, nor should there have been.

""

I agree with the non-call on (not) running the goalie, and I'm fine with no instigator on Stecher, but I do think Perry should have had one - that was bull.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Hurricane
I see

Part of the big hype was signing Stamkos. A guy who has significantly declined 5v5, significantly declined defensively and Tampa thought best for him to play wing. His skating is actually worse than Tavares, and by a margin. He was fed by Kucherov and still put up decent points, but was a -21 in regular season, and a -5 in the playoffs.

So now Nashville put him back at C, and he is with Marchessault. Now March is no Kucherov, that much is for sure, and isn't really a setup guy. So after three games, Stamkos is a -2 with no points.

Stamkos put up 39 points last year on the PP, on the team that was tops in the NHL in the regular season. Nashville was mid pack last year, and likely not much better this year, though their start on the PP has been terrible.

It wouldn't shock me to see in in the 40-55 point range this year, and at least a -21 again. His $8 mil contract will be seen as a massive albatross.

A Predators fan said this tonight about him.

• Stamkos appears to have gone to the James Neal school of "Stand around waiting for a one-timer". If he isn't scoring he's invisible...and he isn't scoring. Looks like a terrible contract so far.
That's literally what he did in Tampa too... but Kucherov is Kucherov and repeatedly fed him the puck... he still has a good shot. We had fans proposing swapping Tavares for Stamkos. :laugh:
And JT is been on fire with his ONE goal.

The guy that I wanted was Marchessault.

Also, once those new guys settle in, Preds will be a good team comes playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad