Around the League - 2023/24

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
There are other pro sports teams that share names though? And Utah Raptors makes much more sense than Toronto
Most of those existed prior pro sports being a huge business. Any new NBA, NHL, MLB, or NFL team having the same name is just not going to happen anymore. It sets up for a big day in court. Hell, it doesn't even take it being pro. The reason Vegas are the Golden Knights is because Foley couldn't get Army to agree to let him use Black Knights, even in tribute.

Reactions: The Moops

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Shocked, I truly am

I mean it was absolutely obvious when Sheldon said on Monday that Treliving gave him the option of participating in the locker room cleanout, he didn't have to. He did, and took responsibility.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I think Keefe is a good coach. Did he make mistakes during the Leafs playoff failures? Absolutely, but no coach is perfect. He should find another job in the NHL easily, though because he has an extension kicking in with the Leafs, remains to be seen how soon. But we just saw Lindy go to Buffalo while he was just extended in New Jersey so who knows...

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I think Keefe is a good coach. Did he make mistakes during the Leafs playoff failures? Absolutely, but no coach is perfect. He should find another job in the NHL easily, though because he has an extension kicking in with the Leafs, remains to be seen how soon. But we just saw Lindy go to Buffalo while he was just extended in New Jersey so who knows...
Yeah I think Keefe should do well elsewhere. Would be pretty hard to do a good job with that defense and a winger who gets scared of his own shadow in the playoffs.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Hey Toronto! You want in on a little secret? Sometimes it's the players fault. Just sayin'. You might want to look into them before you burn through every single person with NHL coaching credentials.

As for Utah, I like the Hive. Seriously, that could be fun and hopefully a foretelling of their play style. Black Diamonds though is really growing on me. At the end of the day though, I hope they are happy with whatever they choose. They'll have to be, because they won't be getting any victories from us.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
I saw a clip from SLC over the weekend from when the players visited. The kids were screaming for the Utah Yeti's. If naming a division rival after our original mascot is what it takes to hook new kids on the sport, I'm cool with it.
I’m fine with the name Yetis as long is it doesn’t mean we’re never using out Yeti/Bigfoot shoulder patch again.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Keefe is a very good coach, most of their problems are simply what you can see on paper; bad goaltending, a weak defence, and one-dimensional players.

Keefe would be my favourite candidate if I was a team looking for a coach right now. Better than hiring Ruff, Woodcroft, or Green lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad