GDT: Around The League 2023-24: Post Season of Misery and What-Ifs :(

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who wins the East?

• Walker, New York Rangers

Votes: 17 37.8%
  • The Pink Panthers

Votes: 28 62.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada
Asshole that ran them down will probably be out in 5 yrs with our systems. Zero excuse for driving drunk like that.... absolutely zero.
The poor Gaudreau family. I can't begin to imagine the loss for his parents and family.

Reactions: oilers'72

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
incredibly sad....I didn't wanna believe the rumours last night
a completely avoidable tragedy too
RIP Johnny hockey
Same, still doesn’t seem real. But the lack of anyone coming out and saying he’s okay was a big sign for me.

Asshole that ran them down will probably be out in 5 yrs with our systems. Zero excuse for driving drunk like that.... absolutely zero.
The poor Gaudreau family. I can't begin to imagine the loss for his parents and family.
Only in our pathetic legal system. The US has a justice system, the driver will probably be f***ed and the Gaudreau family should get some justice.

94 Oil Drops

SKINNER(S!)
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
I just can't believe the news this morning. It's moments like this where you completely put the rivalry aside and grieve with the rest of the hockey world. Makes me misty eyed just typing this. Rest in peace boys and thank you for sharing your talents with us in this world.

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
Somebody texted me about Gaudreau's passing and I almost couldn't believe it. I felt a pit in my stomach the moment I saw it confirmed. RIP Johnny and thoughts are with his family. Damn
A buddy of mine sent me text this morning, he is a long time STH of the Flames. He sent the texts as multiple enters so I was getting worse news after worse news.

When it’s almost impossible for this situation to get any worse, Gaudreau’s sister was to be married today.

Honestly choked up thinking about what that entire family is going through.
The news on this tragedy gets worse.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
What an absolute tragedy. This is the type of thing you hope no one or family has to go through, yet sadly here we are. The really sad thing with deaths which resulted from driving under the influence, they are all preventable.

Thoughts and prayers to the friends and family of the Gaudreau brothers. May their spirits, souls and memories live on.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
What an absolute tragedy. This is the type of thing you hope no one or family has to go through, yet sadly here we are. The really sad thing with deaths which resulted from driving under the influence, they are all preventable.

Thoughts and prayers to the friends and family of the Gaudreau brothers. May their spirits, souls and memories live on.
Sadly this happens all the time.

These guys will be remembered for sure. I hope their families can be as strong as possible and always keep them in their hearts. I feel terrible for them all, thinking of the unborn baby who will never have a memory of their dad.

It’s good that the Gaudreau brothers left a positive influence with so many people, lots of people will have happy memories of them to share with the Gaudreau kids in the future.

I still see people pretty casually driving drunk, not necessarily hammered but they’ve had a few. Chances are some people reading this drive drunk, even if it’s just occasional. It’s not worth it boys. Considering the risk to innocent people, it’s a horrible and selfish act.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Same, still doesn’t seem real. But the lack of anyone coming out and saying he’s okay was a big sign for me.

Only in our pathetic legal system. The US has a justice system, the driver will probably be f***ed and the Gaudreau family should get some justice.

Apparently the max in New Jersey for vehicular manslaughter (or their equivalent) is a max 10 years. States you have to serve sentences consecutively whereas in good old let them off the hook easy Canada it’s concurrently.

So he’s looking at 20 years max plus the civil lawsuits that are sure to bankrupt him into oblivion.

But apparently the clown is more worried about being locked up this long weekend. Must have had a big bender he was planning that got ruined.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Clear cap circumvention but because it’s one of Bettmans southern teams who takes in revenue sharing it’s ok.

Oilers try to do this with Draisaitl and it’ll be nixed, guaranteed.

Reactions: brentashton

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018

Clear cap circumvention but because it’s one of Bettmans southern teams who takes in revenue sharing it’s ok.

Oilers try to do this with Draisaitl and it’ll be nixed, guaranteed.

Just read the article and the mechanics of the deal.

I’m surprised, that this being allowed under current CBA rules, it hasn’t been used for other high end signings to lower the AAV but keep high dollars flowing to the player, especially for players where it may be the last contract that they sign.

What am I missing?

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
You do realize that's a meme account, right?
giphy.gif

Reactions: oilers'72

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Love that Nuck fans are spending their summer perusing the Oilers board.
I generally check out most of the pacific division team boards, especially when it gets slow in the off-season or there's something interesting going on like a huge star getting signed to an extension; good job on the Draisatl extension BTW.

My message here was mostly because I had too many tabs open and didn't realize I was in your thread and not my own. I just meant to post some stats and move on. You boys sure are a jumpy lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad