GDT: The League 2023-24 Playoffs Edition: Round 3-Final Four Is Set & The Oilers Are In It!!!

Who wins the East?

• Walker, New York Rangers

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • The Pink Panthers

Votes: 28 65.1%

• Total voters

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Hope our boys watched that game. Do not let Dallas to the same to us please. Florida looked great that first game, then next thing they know, down 2-1 in the series.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
TNT call of the winning goal from Ferraro is strange. pre OT goal he's talking about all the Panthers splendid defensive play, Barkov is god, and so on and then the Rangers score the winner right on top of him talking.

Then its "Oh the Rangers scored" and then he goes onto rant for the next minute that Alex Wennberg scored and he doesn't ever score and he hasn't scored in 31 games (somehow this factoid is in Rays head) and he seems angered that the Rangers, and Wennberg had the audacity to score the winning goal against his beloved panthers while he was busy talking.

We ain't even getting the worst broadcsting. Why is it seemingly impossible for commentators to put their obvious personal bias aside? So blatant today.

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
That's good for us.
With how Rangers goaltending has been all playoffs neither is easy in anyway.

You'd even wonder if Bobo and the Panthers would be easier plus the developed hatred the Oilers have for Tkachuk and likelihood of him being run through the boards.

I don't know theres a player in the league the Oilers hate more than Ratchuk. Maybe Petrangelo.

Reactions: Messrules11

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
With how Rangers goaltending has been all playoffs neither is easy in anyway.

You'd even wonder if Bobo and the Panthers would be easier plus the developed hatred the Oilers have for Tkachuk and likelihood of him being run through the boards.

I don't know theres a player in the league the Oilers hate more than Ratchuk. Maybe Petrangelo.
I think the Rangers present a more ideal matchup. Florida has more weapons and Bobrovsky can steal a series (although he's been pretty subpar the last two games).

Obviously have to get past Dallas first.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
I think the Rangers present a more ideal matchup. Florida has more weapons and Bobrovsky can steal a series (although he's been pretty subpar the last two games).

Obviously have to get past Dallas first.
How does Florida have more weapons? Rangers can play it any way you want it. Tough and dirty, Trouba, Rempe.
Skilled, Panarin, Zib, Laffy, Fox
Gritty, Kreider, Trocheck.
The 4th line with Goodrow is killing it. The pk is scoring shorties on a regular basis and then there’s Shesterkin to deal with.
So tell me all these weapons Florida has?

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
How does Florida have more weapons? Rangers can play it any way you want it. Tough and dirty, Trouba, Rempe.
Skilled, Panarin, Zib, Laffy, Fox
Gritty, Kreider, Trocheck.
The 4th line with Goodrow is killing it. The pk is scoring shorties on a regular basis and then there’s Shesterkin to deal with.
So tell me all these weapons Florida has?
Florida has dominated the series for the most part but Shesterkin has been the difference
Rangers are constantly out shot and out chanced, going back to the Canes series...but always have the superior goaltending

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Florida has dominated the series for the most part but Shesterkin has been the difference
Rangers are constantly out shot and out chanced, going back to the Canes series...but always have the superior goaltending
Yet they outscore all their opponents. Those are weapons.
Still waiting to hear what Florida’s “weapons” are.

Reactions: foshizzle

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Getting 4 in on Shesterkin is a super rarity in the playoffs. He put up under 0.900 too. Seems Florida scored enough to win that game. Need to do better keeping goals out. Pwned by Barclay Goodrow (who proves again he is >Gaudreau)

Reactions: Oilhawks

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Yet they outscore all their opponents. Those are weapons.
Still waiting to hear what Florida’s “weapons” are.
All you have to do is go look at their roster. Chucky, Barkov, Verhaeghe, Reinhart are all stars. Forsling, Montour, Lundell are are very good players. Scoring goals isn't FLA's problem, it's inconsistent tending. I have no dog in this race, so just an independent opinion, and the Rags were very fortunate to beat the Canes and to be leading this series. Their main weapon is their goalie, and while he hasn't been quite up to his usual self some nights, he's been better than the opponents tender on enough nights.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
All you have to do is go look at their roster. Chucky, Barkov, Verhaeghe, Reinhart are all stars. Forsling, Montour, Lundell are are very good players. Scoring goals isn't FLA's problem, it's inconsistent tending. I have no dog in this race, so just an independent opinion, and the Rags were very fortunate to beat the Canes and to be leading this series. Their main weapon is their goalie, and while he hasn't been quite up to his usual self some nights, he's been better than the opponents tender on enough nights.
Fortunate to beat the Canes? NYR won the presidents trophy, had home ice and a 3-0 series lead. Canes were fortunate they didn’t get swept.
I still see no “weapons” on the Panthers, Verhaeghe has 8 goals. Reinhart has 9 pts.
Big whoop.
Old man Bobrovsky is coming back to earth just like I said on page 1

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Fortunate to beat the Canes? NYR won the presidents trophy, had home ice and a 3-0 series lead. Canes were fortunate they didn’t get swept.
I still see no “weapons” on the Panthers, Verhaeghe has 8 goals. Reinhart has 9 pts.
Big whoop.
Old man Bobrovsky is coming back to earth just like I said on page 1
Lol, the Rags fanboy in you is coming out. Verhaeghe has more goals than any Rag, but he's not a weapon, but the Rags who are below him are? Barkov is the best two way C in the league. Reinhart is a 50+ goal scorer. Chucky is a two way pain in the ass. I would take the Cats top four forwards over the Rags top four F every day of the week. Both solid, but Cats four have better diversity among the group.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad