Around the League 2020/2021 Thread | Stanley Cup Final Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Dive but you can’t do that. Don’t put the ref in a position to have to make a call

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
was he downplaying the complaints or making the point that they need time to properly investigate an old complaint?

public opinion lately has a way of forcing public eye organizations to do legally and morally stupid stuff quickly based on prejudging and prepunishing in situations like this. if bettman can skate on this for a while before the baying twitter mob catches up, he should. because it is the right thing to do. careers do not need to be presumptively ruined.

IMO, the “10 years old” allegation comment was a cringer. Like Benning saying “the girl posted it on social media”.

Also his language around the investigation sounded too nonchalant for my liking. I’d also like it a lot better if the league were stepping in and conducting the investigation rather than letting the Blackhawks order it. It’s supposed to be “independent”, but again, I’d feel better about it if the League did it. Did they let the Coyotes handle things for investigating their draft cheating?

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
I like how Tampa sets up 2 one timer options. Is that allowed? I thought you could only have one, and a "down low" guy, so it's not too difficult for PKers.
They have enough quality right shots to do it. OTOH, we've never really explored the idea of having Gaudette or Virtanen on PP1.

Tofu would've been a great fit on the top unit playing the bumper. :sarcasm:

Reactions: LordBacon

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Montreal is just overmatched.

Im really interested to see what Tampa does to get under the cap this offseason

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
And this result was predictable. Tampa is too deep to be showdown by Montreal and is at least at the same level if not better in every postion.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Predictable. Montreal's just not in Tampa's class. Against Vegas they were able to get in their heads to a degree and frustrate them; Vegas could barely string two or three passes together in their last two games. Execution was completely off. Tampa on the other hand is just too skilled, too deep, too experienced, and just too good.

If the Habs manage to push the series to six games I'll be very surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad